Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Consoles  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Old Crow

New Consoles
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:48:44 PM »
So personally, I feel that their death is upon us. PC's continue to get cheaper and cheaper, and since Steam is huge, and [shock] actually gives us good discounts to buy games, PC gaming is back in full swing. The new Xbox and PS have alot of speculation hanging around such as always online DRM, full digital distribution, no backwards compatibility (PS3 users were already screwed on that this time around), much less powerful then current PC's and good ol' Microsoft is probably making the marketplace the only way you can buy games on their console. All of this is going to combine into a giant shitstorm that will probably result in decreased sales, and more PC gamers, with others holding on to their current Xbox/PS longer. I know that my console buying days are over (and only reason why I bought a Xbox 360 was cause I didnt have my PC)

Thoughts?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

Re: New Consoles
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »
They will never die off, just like PC never did during the rise of the console.  I do think the new restrictions companies are putting in their consoles WILL cause some serious sales decline, like Xbox making it impossible to play used games, or Sony's ridiculous DRM ideas. 

I think the Steam console will have a better chance to do well, because they KNOW the current market for games is downloadable, and they are the masters (well as much as you can be right now there are still problems but they're better than their competitors) of selling downloadable games and add-on content, not to mention how successful the Steam Workshop is (skyrim would only be half as fun without all the mods correcting balance, fixing bugs, improving graphics) and their ridiculous TF2 economy.

So TL;DR, Steam's new console has a good chance to do well in this market due to Sony and Microsoft being old farts and not knowing what their core customers want, consoles will not die because there are lots of people who prefer consoles, and PC's didn't die when consoles got popular, but PC gaming will definitely see a rise when people see the bullshit Microsoft and Sony are trying with their new consoles.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »

Offline Sammy

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »
Selling my xbox at the end of the year to put money towards a gaming pc...

Says it all doesnt it?
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Pillz

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 04:10:16 PM »
I want them to die off but I feel they've made too much money to die; they'll keep shitting out ways to make money off of games.

I'd like for Consoles to simply become PC's; as they're trying to do anyway so I believe that's the future of consoles.

They come with keyboards and mouses with room for USB controllers; and then everyone can play online together. It's idiotic that we can't play together because we're on a separate console; they're all the same thing now.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 04:19:29 PM »
I believe Consoles need to go die in a fire (Not specific consoles all of them {Except Nintendo, Mario on the computer would weird me the fuck out.)

Most consoles seem to just be "How else can we bullshit our buyers out of more money." XBox live is a disgusting system that requires you to pay a second time in order to use your internet and play all the features described in the game you purchased.

With the up coming "No used games" which I'll be honest, is possibly the worst fucking idea sense the crust pieces at the end of bread. I'm quite sure at least the Xbox is going to fall further into its own filthy and eventually shrivel up till all that remains are the fanboys.

I've never played the PS3
And Nintendo is too nostalgic for me to make a fair call on it.

By the way, I've had a 360 since the year it was released. So no, I'm not some outside fanboy or a PC elitist. I'm just tired of all the bullshit fees companies try to pull out of you.

Same goes with "Pay to play games" No I paid 60$ for the fucking game, you have no right to say I now have to pay you 5$ a month to actually play it.

Dead Space 3 does this bullshit. It's a great game, but EA can go fuck itself with a rusty railroad spike.
5$ to upgrade the ingame item that gets me resources. Four actual rigs in game seven in the story all 5$.
On released DLC? What the actual fuck.

Companies in general need to calm their tits with all their bullshit.

Offline TvanM

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 05:07:40 PM »
Not really interested in them.. after the PS2 I've never bought any console and always used my money for gaming PC's.

Did play a lot on the ps1 and ps2 back in the day though, never really bothered with ps3, wii or xbox for that matter.

Next to that, I have my pc hooked up to my tv as well and I actually bought a controller for some games on the pc. (e.g. Dark Souls) So I don't see a reason (apart from some platform exclusive games) to ever bother with any console again.

Oh, and all the motion control stuff can just go die in a fire for all I care.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »
The thing is, consoles are a fuck load cheaper than PCs. Not everyone can afford to buy even a decent computer.

The reason I have an Xbox 360 is to play with friends on games that I just like to mess around with, such as COD/halo. I love PC gaming and I enjoy console gaming. I see no reason to hate consoles, just let people have their fun the way they want to.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »
Consoles are hardly cheaper than PC's when you factor in EVERY THING you buy for them.

New XBOX360 with Kinect, 250GB HDD- 400$

Five new Xbox360 games- 60$ x 5 = 300$

Xbox Live- 7.99$ a month or 60$ for a year

Controllers- 20-40$ for cheap wired controllers; 40-60$ for wireless controllers. Multiply by number of IRL friends

DLC for Games- However much more money your willing to waste, usually 50-100$ before one realizes what they're doing

So right there a dedicated Xbox gamer is looking at 600-1000$ dollars for their entertainment. A hardcore gamer who has the money to buy every game, DLC and spare controller they want could go well over the 1000$ line. If they keep people from selling their games, every game sold will be new and in the 40-60$ price range and to own 15+ games you'd have to spend around 800-1000$ just for those.

I don't hate consoles, I just hate the monopoly that is the gaming industry. I didn't get an Xbox360 because I didn't want to pay for Xbox Live, given I play consoles OCCASIONALLY; why would I pay for my already paid for internet so I can play some BlackOps online? At least with my PS3 it can sit in the corner of my room ready to play if I ever want to play it or watch Netflix on it, free of charge.

Every time I try to buy a game for it at Gamestop I just get really pissed off because I can't decide on anything. I'd love to play all the games there but nothing seems worth wasting my 30-50$ on; and I usually just save my money and leave without getting anything. Even when my parents bought the games for me it'd take an hour for me to decide what to get, and I'd only play it for a few weeks before beating it and hardly touching it ever again. Then you try to sell it back and you get 15$ if you're lucky.

After my last trip to Gamestop, I considered selling my PS3 as I don't want to ever waste money on a game for it again; then I asked about it and he said I'd only get roughly 60-80$ for the console and because there's a chip in my controller I doubt I'd get shit for it. I don't even want to sell it because maybe one day PS3 games will be cheap as dirt and I can afford to spend money on them when the PS4 is out.

I know PC can be even more expensive but it's well worth the investment. For all the money people waste on consoles in their lifetime I'd rather upgrade my PC to keep up with the times and buy(pirate) games for my computer. If I'd waste money on anything it'd be a Steambox; but I'm going to be waiting and watching for a LONG time before I buy anything.

I just think it's pathetic we spend so much money on.. nothing. We pay thousands of dollars so we can sit at home and play pretend..
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:43:59 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 07:32:44 PM »
Consoles will never die out so long as casual gamers still exist (Call of Duty crowd, I'm looking at you)

Ðeath.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »
Consoles: Couch Co-op

PC: Massive Online Multiplayer

There is no "master race" when it comes to it all. Honest to god, I hope consoles stay around purely because it's awkward having 4 players sit around one PC

Offline Christovski

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »
Seriously so many people in this world who prefer consoles cause its just plug and play for the most part.  I'm sure even with the boneheaded WiiU Nintendo will still survive.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Agent 47

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 08:44:06 PM »
I doubt consoles are going anywhere anytime soon. I would like PC to take the "main spot" of all the platforms in gaming, but I don't want the consoles to go away  permenantly. They still can be fun sometimes.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 11:28:23 PM »
Consoles are hardly cheaper than PC's when you factor in EVERY THING you buy for them.

New XBOX360 with Kinect, 250GB HDD- 400$

Five new Xbox360 games- 60$ x 5 = 300$

Xbox Live- 7.99$ a month or 60$ for a year

Controllers- 20-40$ for cheap wired controllers; 40-60$ for wireless controllers. Multiply by number of IRL friends

DLC for Games- However much more money your willing to waste, usually 50-100$ before one realizes what they're doing

So right there a dedicated Xbox gamer is looking at 600-1000$ dollars for their entertainment. A hardcore gamer who has the money to buy every game, DLC and spare controller they want could go well over the 1000$ line. If they keep people from selling their games, every game sold will be new and in the 40-60$ price range and to own 15+ games you'd have to spend around 800-1000$ just for those.

I don't hate consoles, I just hate the monopoly that is the gaming industry. I didn't get an Xbox360 because I didn't want to pay for Xbox Live, given I play consoles OCCASIONALLY; why would I pay for my already paid for internet so I can play some BlackOps online? At least with my PS3 it can sit in the corner of my room ready to play if I ever want to play it or watch Netflix on it, free of charge.

Every time I try to buy a game for it at Gamestop I just get really pissed off because I can't decide on anything. I'd love to play all the games there but nothing seems worth wasting my 30-50$ on; and I usually just save my money and leave without getting anything. Even when my parents bought the games for me it'd take an hour for me to decide what to get, and I'd only play it for a few weeks before beating it and hardly touching it ever again. Then you try to sell it back and you get 15$ if you're lucky.

After my last trip to Gamestop, I considered selling my PS3 as I don't want to ever waste money on a game for it again; then I asked about it and he said I'd only get roughly 60-80$ for the console and because there's a chip in my controller I doubt I'd get shit for it. I don't even want to sell it because maybe one day PS3 games will be cheap as dirt and I can afford to spend money on them when the PS4 is out.

I know PC can be even more expensive but it's well worth the investment. For all the money people waste on consoles in their lifetime I'd rather upgrade my PC to keep up with the times and buy(pirate) games for my computer. If I'd waste money on anything it'd be a Steambox; but I'm going to be waiting and watching for a LONG time before I buy anything.

I just think it's pathetic we spend so much money on.. nothing. We pay thousands of dollars so we can sit at home and play pretend..

Okay, I've had my xbox since the first generation, something like $250 with a 20GB hardrive, two controllers and a couple starter games. You don't have to buy all of the extra shit. I hardly buy the DLC, maybe the first one or two and it's not like you don't have to buy them on Steam, excluding valve games of course. $60 a year really isn't that much for a somewhat dependable service that steamlines the annoying hosting process (which there really should be an alternative for). Finally console games are pretty much the same price as PC games (steam lets Canadians pay US prices though, and it's glorious).

No offence Pillz but do you know what the word monopoly means? The industry cannot have a monopoly, that's contrary. Even if you're trying to say that microsoft has a monopoly that's wrong, there is plenty of competition. I understand if you don't want to spend your money on them, after all this is a capitalist society where the customer rules, but I feel as if your mad about something that you shouldn't be. It doesn't directly effect you in anyway and it's not really bring harm to anyone, for the most part people enjoy playing on consoles, and why not?
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 12:46:08 AM »
I never minded paying xbox live, mostly because playstation's online is bad in comparison.

Finally console games are pretty much the same price as PC games (steam lets Canadians pay US prices though, and it's glorious).
That isn't true. Only the mega block-buster games are 60$, and even then if you wait until a major sale you can save 20$+.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 12:50:19 AM »
fuck consoles, I can just plug in a tv and a controller to my pc and it would be the same.
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 12:50:19 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Pyro: happy birthday Tyber
    July 14, 2024, 01:55:16 PM
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal