Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Vintar nerf and why you should all shut up about it  (Read 12823 times)

Offline Blackllama

Re: The Vintar nerf and why you should all shut up about it
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 02:41:49 AM »
Ah but Dante you forget. As a D you are a prime target, so the frenchie helps to balance that out, same goes for the T's AK, it gives him some firepower. The difference is they are not op, they are balanced. The vintar was slightly OP, especially in the sense it was both a long range and CQB weapon. Why would a sniper be a CQB weapon?? The fenchie isn't a long range weeapn.
And why do you suggest that the AK is not OP?
It's horridly inaccurate.

Offline Dante

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 02:42:19 AM »
And Because it is practically useless long range, and close risks deagle hs and the French.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 02:42:19 AM »

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 02:45:24 AM »
Ah but Dante you forget. As a D you are a prime target, so the frenchie helps to balance that out, same goes for the T's AK, it gives him some firepower. The difference is they are not op, they are balanced. The vintar was slightly OP, especially in the sense it was both a long range and CQB weapon. Why would a sniper be a CQB weapon?? The fenchie isn't a long range weeapn.
It's only inaccurate if you use it in such a way to where it IS inaccurate; a high rate of fire and 30 bullet clipped gun with only 2 shot-headshot lethal capabilities is OP. You can also buy an infinite amount of it and it can be used at long range to if you use it correctly.

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 03:02:29 AM »
I always found it funny that the model for the Vintar is one of the worst fucking sniper rifles in existence IRL. Yet it was so damn OP in the right hands.

I agree that a sniper should not be a CQB weapon.

Keep it as it is...leave my fuckin MAC10 alone -_-

-Wooley
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 03:14:10 AM »
It's only inaccurate if you use it in such a way to where it IS inaccurate; a high rate of fire and 30 bullet clipped gun with only 2 shot-headshot lethal capabilities is OP. You can also buy an infinite amount of it and it can be used at long range to if you use it correctly.
What do you mean you can buy an infinite amount of it? Even if you aim down site you still don't get very good accuracy. Very hard to headshot with at medium range.

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 03:18:02 AM »
What do you mean you can buy an infinite amount of it? Even if you aim down site you still don't get very good accuracy. Very hard to headshot with at medium range.
If you single or burst fire you can make a fairly good distance with it. If you run out of ammo, you can throw down the AK and buy a new one with full ammo.

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 03:21:46 AM »
If you single or burst fire you can make a fairly good distance with it. If you run out of ammo, you can throw down the AK and buy a new one with full ammo.
That's not infinite.

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 03:25:22 AM »
That's not infinite.
How? You can buy as many as you want without limit. Unless you're trying to rephrase in the meaning I am trying to say in which I will reword it: Unlike the vintar, if you run out of ammo you can throw the current weapon away and rebuy it with more ammo without there being any cap or limit to stop you from buying as many as you want. Only at the expense for a few seconds which is less than it takes to buy ammo.

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 03:48:28 AM »
How? You can buy as many as you want without limit. Unless you're trying to rephrase in the meaning I am trying to say in which I will reword it: Unlike the vintar, if you run out of ammo you can throw the current weapon away and rebuy it with more ammo without there being any cap or limit to stop you from buying as many as you want. Only at the expense for a few seconds which is less than it takes to buy ammo.
Can't you do that with the vintar?

Anyway, the point is you don't have an infinite amount of credits.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 04:13:27 AM »
The sound alone gives the shooter of an AK away, hence it is balanced, plus what llama said.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 04:19:13 AM »
To be fair I still hate the new YouTube layout and its been like 3 months.
WHAT?! Relevant?
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 04:20:11 AM »
To be fair I still hate the new YouTube layout and its been like 3 months.
WHAT?! Relevant?

Someone used it as an analogy earlier, might've been in the OP, don't know.

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 04:20:40 AM »

No, the vintar is a one buy only weapon.With the AK, if used wisely, a traitor can get 1+ credit with each vintar, not to mention other t kills getting you even more or picking up credits.
The sound alone gives the shooter of an AK away, hence it is balanced, plus what llama said.
This can be said with the vintar too. It has a very distinguishable sound and many are able to hear it. This is problematic on small maps as once you hear a vintar, you will be in the same position as you could have been with an AK; and since the majority of the maps have people in such compact groups in such little range of eachother, the "stealthiness" of the vintar is near-nullified due to its, as said before, distinguishable sound.

Anyway the vintar's current nerf is a large leap from what it originally was and most of us are not willing to accept it in such little time. Though I still stand by my thought that it is now a weapon that is not worth a credit and it should be reset to the original state or buffed to a reasonable extent that is not as horrid as it currently is.

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 04:47:27 AM »

No, the vintar is a one buy only weapon.With the AK, if used wisely, a traitor can get 1+ credit with each vintar, not to mention other t kills getting you even more or picking up credits.
This can be said with the vintar too. It has a very distinguishable sound and many are able to hear it. This is problematic on small maps as once you hear a vintar, you will be in the same position as you could have been with an AK; and since the majority of the maps have people in such compact groups in such little range of eachother, the "stealthiness" of the vintar is near-nullified due to its, as said before, distinguishable sound.

Anyway the vintar's current nerf is a large leap from what it originally was and most of us are not willing to accept it in such little time. Though I still stand by my thought that it is now a weapon that is not worth a credit and it should be reset to the original state or buffed to a reasonable extent that is not as horrid as it currently is.
Well, I'm glad to here you don't think the vintar works in the same position as an AK would work, because it shouldn't. The vintar is meant for long range.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »
I think you guys are a little too quick to freak out. The ak, like most of the guns in ttt, is a two shot kill to the head and is pretty rapeass at close range, like most guns in ttt. The vintorez, like the scout, is one shot at any range plus it's quiter and shoots faster than the scout not to mention if you ever get close you can always use your hand cannon to take people down.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Pyro: happy birthday Tyber
    July 14, 2024, 01:55:16 PM
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal