Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NRA president blames videogames for school shooting  (Read 3650 times)

Offline Old Crow

NRA president blames videogames for school shooting
« on: December 23, 2012, 12:01:53 AM »
http://www.gamesradar.com/nra-calls-video-games-corrupting-shadow-industry/#Comments

wow, way to deflect the blame towards gaming. Yes because the large amount of studies that show games are not linked to more violence is to be disregarded, and the possible defect gun laws can't be blamed.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Re: NRA president blames videogames for school shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:04:55 AM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 12:08:52 AM »
Just like you wouldn't blame the gun, but the shooter, you should blame the gamer, not the game.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 12:10:49 AM »
I was told that the guy played "violent video games". I don't find Starcraft II or Warcraft 3 (which is what this guy apparently played) violent enough to cause this. I love how people don't do their research on what these games are before blaming them.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 03:51:42 AM »
I was told that the guy played "violent video games". I don't find Starcraft II or Warcraft 3 (which is what this guy apparently played) violent enough to cause this. I love how people don't do their research on what these games are before blaming them.
I can't possibly imagine an rts making you want to murder someone. Maybe if the other player was being an asshole, but not because of the game itself.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 06:20:32 AM »
Playing video games too much may cause depression and angry thoughts. Constant exposure to violence and the isolation video games can cause may lead to irrational violent behavior, but everyone's still in control of their own thoughts.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 12:52:05 PM »
Playing video games too much may cause depression and angry thoughts. Constant exposure to violence and the isolation video games can cause may lead to irrational violent behavior, but everyone's still in control of their own thoughts.

Not if they're mentally unstable, video games could be a trigger. I don't really no much about the shooting though so I cannot comment on this particular situation
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
I can't possibly imagine an rts making you want to murder someone. Maybe if the other player was being an asshole, but not because of the game itself.

well, maybe if you consider MOBAs to be RTSs..

Offline Justice

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »
The shooter's BROTHER was the one that liked Mass Effect.

NRA and Fox and BBC are all retarded.

Offline Mr.TheDoctor

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »
Because clearly getting rid if violent video games will stop people from buying guns and using them.
10:53 PM - ??Mystery??: you could just tape their mouth shut and then rape them with a pencil and call their family and say you're the insurance guy and need they need to come in for the life insurance and when they get there tape their mouths and rape them with a pencil and then rinse and repeat with relatives
10:54 PM - ??Mystery??: but i mean
10:54 PM - ??Mystery??: you could just ignore it

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »
Gun's aren't Violent... nuh huh. Virtual unrealistic simulations where you kill bad guys with guns are... yeah huh...
Oh wait...

Yeah the whole VIDEO GAMES R TEH DEVIL GUYZ. Is what a 4th grader might say on a research paper cause hes a fucking moron.

Rule 1: Never blaim the actual party at fault, always games, blaim the games!
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
Gun's aren't Violent... nuh huh. Virtual unrealistic simulations where you kill bad guys with guns are... yeah huh...
Oh wait...

Yeah the whole VIDEO GAMES R TEH DEVIL GUYZ. Is what a 4th grader might say on a research paper cause hes a fucking moron.

Rule 1: Never blaim the actual party at fault, always games, blaim the games!

Yes the parent shouldn't take responsibility. Its Hollywood and those liberal movies, and those violent video games that is turning all our children into commie killers.

some guy called into the sports talk radio show that I listen to (they talk about more then sports esp on slow sports days) and said children in Afghanistan are less violent. ummmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah minus the maiming, beatings and killings that are taught to children of the Taliban on a daily basis. Good example
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 03:06:20 AM »
Take into account how many underage children play violent video games.

-This is a problem in and of itself (This is called Child abuse...but we just gloss over that fact).

Now...How many of these underage kids go out and kill people with guns?...a nominal amount!

Use common sense (Which I find nowadays is pretty fucking UNCOMMON) its not the video games...these people are already fucked up in the head to begin with. MAYBE the games threw them over the edge, but something else could have done just the same. He could have been piecing together his most expensive puzzle ever and then dropped the last piece into his container of glue.

Then he goes and grabs his automatic and says SOME BITCH IS GOONA PAY FOR THIS TRAVESTY!!!

Video games are the hot topic right now they are very popular it is the greatest Diversion ever.

Let's play the blame game and then pass some dumb ass gun laws that almost never help a fucking thing, all they do is restrict the law abiding, honest, HEALTHY MINDED people like myself and many others from obtaining a firearm. Which last time I checked I have a constitutional right to.

I am no gun nut. I do not even own a firearm. One day when I have my own place I sure as fuck will.

Unless of course by that time, all the cry babies have made us instead substitute socks filled with dried beans instead of firearms.

Let's throw out an exaggeration that honestly may offend some ppl, but damn I am offended by the fact that what I hold dear gets blamed when it has nothing to do with the situation so fuck it.

If everyone was carrying...motherfuckers wouldn't be able to kill so many or rob people as easily. People would think twice if there were actual consequences. If they knew that they could not cause the devastation they desired, since by the time they got one round off, 20 people would have guns drawn back on them. They would be Swiss cheese before they even emptied a clip.

I will subcut myself this exaggeration by also stating that we have countries in this world where guns are outlawed...but guess what? People have found a way to cause just as much or more devastation much quicker...like bombing a subway.

We don't need to fix gun laws...we need to fix these fucking loons walking around. Like that one bitch who was walking around Atlantic City, stabbing fuckers on the street.

WHAT THE FUCK!?! is right...I wonder if she was playing GTA III for like 4 days straight and then decided to give it a shot? I can almost guarantee some PoS reporter tried to spin it that way.

I guess whatever sells papers/ratings...people need to stop buying into their games. Seriously it is like no one gives a shit about what happened. They just want to make a story that relates to it...even if it doesn't.

Bottom Line...Guns don't kill people...People Kill People!

Video games don't make you violent. I was violent before I even started playing video games.

Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 12:09:37 PM »
Take into account how many underage children play violent video games.

-This is a problem in and of itself (This is called Child abuse...but we just gloss over that fact). 

How is it child abuse?

Video games aren't even violent, I don't care how many people you shoot or how many gallons of blood are being spilled from one person, the kids know it is all fake and have a laugh about it. It's made out to seem that kids take anything they see as being real and will act it all out without hesitation.

I can tell you damn well sure that when I was a kid I didn't think it was okay to stick people full of arrows and then hack away their limbs like I did in Turok:Evolution.

Kids are smarter than that.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 12:18:01 PM »
Lets make this perfectly clear, it is neither guns nor video games that make people violent.
What makes people violent is 1. a failing mental health care and 2. the media practically glorifying the shooter and hardly brushing over the victims more than making a direct kill count for other deranged people to aim by.
People use your common sense, and use your energy on the things that actually need it. Talk to people who may seem lonely, stop being a fucking dick to every1 who is different, and think about how you would like to be treated.
On a day such as this (Christmas) think more about how you can help this from not happening again rather than think how can America (or your native country) help you to stop this plague.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 12:18:01 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Pyro: happy birthday Tyber
    July 14, 2024, 01:55:16 PM
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal