Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Black Ops 2 a waste of money?  (Read 12920 times)

Offline Andredem

Re: Black Ops 2 a waste of money?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 07:29:22 PM »
I have never enjoyed a call of duty like Black Ops 2 since COD4... it's a good game. I hated Black Ops. But Black Ops 2 is the shit
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:34:41 PM by Andredem »
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »
I agree with the fact that the campaign is pretty cool, but in terms of engines, my brother , who studies 3d animation tells me that this is a prehistoric way of making the game, compared to crysis who's graphics are the best on the market.
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 09:56:12 PM »
I agree with the fact that the campaign is pretty cool, but in terms of engines, my brother , who studies 3d animation tells me that this is a prehistoric way of making the game, compared to crysis who's graphics are the best on the market.

Graphics don't matter - Gameplay does.

Crysis is fun, but so is tetris; Dead Space 2 is fun but alas, so is Doom.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 10:52:46 PM »

My point is that triarch and infinity uses the same technique to make new games, it's 2012, can't they change their games? Today all you see is bang bang bang, no more interesting shit, the story is nice tough, but what i'm trying to say is that the gameplay too is starting to look the same as the other cod's. Battle field for example, they started in 1999, had 2d graphics, then they put ww2 theme with airplanes and huge maps, next bf2, wich was even better because you had the commander option, the artilery, the new planes, new way of playing. And Bf3, destroyable environnement etc etc. This means that through out the history of the cod franchise, no significant changes have been made, this is a question consumers should ask themselves, why should they keep buying the game if it looks like the old version? Gameplays, graphics, all those aspects make the game look and feel better. Mine craft has shitty graphics, but it's very gun to play, and people don't complain about the graphics because theyre ment to be what way.

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Pillz

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 10:58:02 PM »

My point is that triarch and infinity uses the same technique to make new games, it's 2012, can't they change their games? Today all you see is bang bang bang, no more interesting shit, the story is nice tough, but what i'm trying to say is that the gameplay too is starting to look the same as the other cod's. Battle field for example, they started in 1999, had 2d graphics, then they put ww2 theme with airplanes and huge maps, next bf2, wich was even better because you had the commander option, the artilery, the new planes, new way of playing. And Bf3, destroyable environnement etc etc. This means that through out the history of the cod franchise, no significant changes have been made, this is a question consumers should ask themselves, why should they keep buying the game if it looks like the old version? Gameplays, graphics, all those aspects make the game look and feel better. Mine craft has shitty graphics, but it's very gun to play, and people don't complain about the graphics because theyre ment to be what way.

So basically you're tired of FPS's? You also think there haven't been significant changes to the games? I thought the only thing that stayed the same was the fact that you kill people with guns; which is everyone's secret fantasy that we can't accomplish because it's illegal.

What do you want from COD? A RPG? Everyone would hate it.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
So basically you're tired of FPS's? You also think there haven't been significant changes to the games? I thought the only thing that stayed the same was the fact that you kill people with guns; which is everyone's secret fantasy that we can't accomplish because it's illegal.

I can understand being tired of fps's in general, although hating on COD because it hasn't changed is stupid. That's why the implemented the "different developer every year" system to keep the game fresh every year.
The most strikingly similar COD games are mw2 and mw3, but are both blatantly distinguishable then each other, but I digress. Call of duty in general has been arguably similar, but Black ops 2 is different, I like it so far, but its still the honeymoon period, so we'll see.

By kwuartz
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 11:35:54 PM »

I can understand being tired of fps's in general, although hating on COD because it hasn't changed is stupid. That's why the implemented the "different developer every year" system to keep the game fresh every year.
The most strikingly similar COD games are mw2 and mw3, but are both blatantly distinguishable then each other, but I digress. Call of duty in general has been arguably similar, but Black ops 2 is different, I like it so far, but its still the honeymoon period, so we'll see.

I enjoyed the zombie mode they put in, thats one example of how cod can make their gameplay better, imagine if they started by making bigger maps, concentrated on team work and also fully controlable vehicles. Thats my opinion on the subject, i just think its too overdone, we need something new. I've been playing cod since the first one came out, during that period, cod was a huge success, you had a large community of players who enjoyed the game, then later after mw2, the next cod's were like expansions that you could buy for 60 bucks .

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 11:49:48 PM »
Sell 200 million dollars worth of a product on the first day consistently, then go to your employer and tell them you want to change things. See how well they would react.

thought so
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 12:36:06 AM »
Sell 200 million dollars worth of a product on the first day consistently, then go to your employer and tell them you want to change things. See how well they would react.

thought so

Thats one of the problems that the company is facing. The changes can make significant differences, but that doesn't stop me from demanding these changes.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 01:12:28 AM »

thought so

Offline Pillz

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 01:20:45 AM »
MW2 had that snowy level in the trainyard that was massive and I've seen quite a few other giant ones; but they're only good for 32 players and whatnot.

Fully controllable vehicles? Like jeeps and cars? Why would anyone want that in their multiplayer experience? They have them in story mode and didn't implement them into MP for obvious reasons. The killstreak copters and jets are bad enough; not to mention the RC car you can control and detonate on people. Battlefield3 tried to let people control tanks and Jet's but for some reason that game still doesn't feel as fun as COD; I had both for some time before selling BF3 while it was still worth something. Maybe it's because I wasn't as good at it, but the fast paced action of COD never gets old.

EVERY sequel to an older game is like an expansion. It's called a fucking SEQUEL. Go bitch about the 7 dynasty warriors and the 20 megaman's while you're at it. You notice how they're all the same game with slightly different ideas? Sonic? Madden? Super Smash Bros? Mario-Party? Super Mario Brothers? Gran Turismo?

They add more guns, new maps, new gadgets and killstreaks and everyone's happy; really they should just ditch single player completely and just release CALL OF DUTY; and update it constantly. Then they couldn't get your money as much though; so I doubt that'll happen. If you don't like it though, don't get it.

Not every person is going to enjoy every game. Kind of like how most COD players look at Zelda and go "Wow so you just run around with a sword looking for shit and solving puzzles? Do you get to kill things? God I wanna shoot something where's COD at"
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 02:16:32 AM »
MW2 had that snowy level in the trainyard that was massive and I've seen quite a few other giant ones; but they're only good for 32 players and whatnot.

Fully controllable vehicles? Like jeeps and cars? Why would anyone want that in their multiplayer experience? They have them in story mode and didn't implement them into MP for obvious reasons. The killstreak copters and jets are bad enough; not to mention the RC car you can control and detonate on people. Battlefield3 tried to let people control tanks and Jet's but for some reason that game still doesn't feel as fun as COD; I had both for some time before selling BF3 while it was still worth something. Maybe it's because I wasn't as good at it, but the fast paced action of COD never gets old.

EVERY sequel to an older game is like an expansion. It's called a fucking SEQUEL. Go bitch about the 7 dynasty warriors and the 20 megaman's while you're at it. You notice how they're all the same game with slightly different ideas? Sonic? Madden? Super Smash Bros? Mario-Party? Super Mario Brothers? Gran Turismo?

They add more guns, new maps, new gadgets and killstreaks and everyone's happy; really they should just ditch single player completely and just release CALL OF DUTY; and update it constantly. Then they couldn't get your money as much though; so I doubt that'll happen. If you don't like it though, don't get it.

Not every person is going to enjoy every game. Kind of like how most COD players look at Zelda and go "Wow so you just run around with a sword looking for shit and solving puzzles? Do you get to kill things? God I wanna shoot something where's COD at"

Then it's just a matter of taste, Bf3 in my opinion is better and totally worth my money.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 05:45:10 AM »
Well, I would not consider it a waste if you haven't played any of the post World at War games. The whole gameplay setup won't seem like a complete duplicate if you haven't played any of the other games like it.

I got MW2 and enjoyed it for a while, then I got black ops and realized it was pretty much the same game.

Learned my lesson and stopped buying them. 60$ a year is a lot, but if you just stick with a single game and you enjoy playing it it isn't that bad. Might as well try it if you don't have any of the post WoW games already, otherwise, it'll probably be like the other games you've played.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 01:11:12 PM »

Crysis was fun? Did you play a different game then the rest of us? Sure it had amazing graphics but the overall game was horse shit.

Complete and total waste of money on that,

Back on topic however, BlackOps2 I haven't look at it much but as far as the multiplayer goes it looks terrible even compared to blackops 1
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »

Crysis was fun? Did you play a different game then the rest of us? Sure it had amazing graphics but the overall game was horse shit.

Complete and total waste of money on that,

Back on topic however, BlackOps2 I haven't look at it much but as far as the multiplayer goes it looks terrible even compared to blackops 1

I'm not defending Black Ops or any Call of Duty game.
But, at this point almost all Console shooters have the exact same Multiplayer with very slight "Unique" features.

Sadly it the way all Shooters have gone.

Now Command and Conquer Renegade, that was a shooter with some fun Online.
Stupid ass crate turning me into a Visheroid.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal