Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Here is what I think the plot of the new Halo Trilogy will be....  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Alright. So first I need to lay down a little background information about the Halo Universe.
Human developed AI, like Cortana, go through what is called Rampancy after seven years, its a psychological condition that develops after they realize they are about to face their mortality. Cortana has been active for 8 years in the opening of Halo 4.
The new enemies, the Prometheans, are completely computer controlled, and were meant to be the guardians of the shield worlds, which MC's ship happens to crash land on.
There is a somewhat stable peaces between the covenant and humanity now, but there are rogue branches of the covenant that disagree with the peace.

For those familiar to the starcraft storyline, it will probably go down something like this. Cortana in an effort to do her usual thing by controlling doors etc by being planted in the enemies defense systems. However, due to her rampancy and emotional attachment but now distance from Master Chief, shes gonna flip her shit and take control over the new enemy, the Prometheans. In an effort to prevent Master Chief from replacing her, or anyone trying to deactivate her, she will attempt to wipe out everyone. This leads Master Chief to try and recover her, and try and save her, or destroy her with no other choice left, ending their close relationship.

Offline Boxman

Re: Here is what I think the plot of the new Halo Trilogy will be....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »
My two cents:
Halo TRILOGY should have stopped on 3.
Same goes with Gears of War but here we are, with Judgement or whatever the new one's called.

343 studios undoubtedly will have probably produced a good game but I think the story ended and should have stayed ended on Halo 3/Reach...

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 04:27:07 PM »
My two cents:
Same goes with Gears of War but here we are, with Judgement or whatever the new one's called.

343 studios undoubtedly will have probably produced a good game but I think the story ended and should have stayed ended on Halo 3/Reach...

Couldn't disagree more, as much as I love to rip on Halo 4 halo 2 & 3 were just dragging out the series in all reality Halo 4 should have been halo 2. Although I'm not really to excited for them dragging out another trilogy so that they can keep the series going, I am glad to see that they are actually exploring the halo universe instead of just finding more and more halo rings because they are the title of the game.

Halo 3's ending was incredibly forced and anti climatic, I'm actually glad they have stopped beating around the bush and are parting ways with combat evolved.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »
My two cents:

Couldn't disagree more, as much as I love to rip on Halo 4 halo 2 & 3 were just dragging out the series in all reality Halo 4 should have been halo 2. Although I'm not really to excited for them dragging out another trilogy so that they can keep the series going, I am glad to see that they are actually exploring the halo universe instead of just finding more and more halo rings because they are the title of the game.

Halo 3's ending was incredibly forced and anti climatic, I'm actually glad they have stopped beating around the bush and are parting ways with combat evolved.

I pretty much totally agree with this. I do feel that the original 3 games were pretty much perfect though.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »
My two cents:

I pretty much totally agree with this. I do feel that the original 3 games were pretty much perfect though.

The issue isn't so much exploring the Halo universe. There's a reason why they have books... In fact, if you're REALLY that interested in the Halo universe, you should seriously read them because they're absolutely amazing and probably one of my favorite series of books ALONG SIDE the Gears of War books. Sad, right? Halo's universe is extremely easy to get addicted to, but unless you actually BOTHER to read the books, you always feel like you want more. The reason why I feel like it needs to stop at 3 is because I've already explored what I wanted to and quite frankly, I don't want to see it continue onto the forerunner's story.

We all know that 343 is just going to add onto the Forerunners and Prometheans story and that's about it. You learn everything you needed to know about the Covenant in 1 & 2 (if you were willing to follow the story) and more so about the Flood in 2 & 3. CE just fucking beat around the bush with the Flood, just calling it a parasite and a disease, and how the Covenant wished to rid the universe by going on the Great Journey to activate the rings.

Now, that being said, I wouldn't be against another book... just don't think there's a lot to add onto a 14 hour campaign...

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
I think Halo should have ended at 3 but yet they think they need to make more just for MONEY! Halo 4 is not even good in my opinion, its wayyyy too glitchy atm
I think halo should have ended before it started. But that's my opinion.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Boxman

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 04:37:37 PM »
I think Halo should have ended at 3 but yet they think they need to make more just for MONEY! Halo 4 is not even good in my opinion, its wayyyy too glitchy atm
This is also coming from someone who thinks Gears of War is kitten killing, steroid induced action.

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 04:51:12 PM »
"Here is what I think the plot of the new Halo Trilogy will be...."

Are you kidding me?
And someone here said Halo wasn't a cash cow.

What are we at now game 8?
And don't give me that shit "Oh ODST AND REACH WERE COMPLETELY Different" No they weren't you were still the same guy, just reskinned.

This game should have died out at three, instead they won't end it.
Because if they do the fan boys will whine and bitch until there's something new.

This is almost as bad as Call of Duty and Final Fantasy

The fact that Final Fantasy is now at 14 (B) is rather annoying.

Anyone else remember when games were unique?

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 04:52:16 PM »
This is also coming from someone who thinks Gears of War is kitten killing, steroid induced action.

In all fairness, have you seen the characters?
At least 3 of them have to be on Steroids

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 05:11:14 PM »
What are we at now game 8?
And don't give me that shit "Oh ODST AND REACH WERE COMPLETELY Different" No they weren't you were still the same guy, just reskinned.

This game should have died out at three, instead they won't end it.
Because if they do the fan boys will whine and bitch until there's something new.
ODST was just a crappy game trying to get more money, only bought it cause I didn't have a copy of halo 3 and it came with a multiplayer disc. Reach was actually fun to play. Revamped forge mode and added new gamemodes, new elements to the game, new content. Wouldn't call that a cash cow.

Remember when a sequel to a game could be released without a bunch of people whining about it?

EDIT: ODST just feels like an expansion pack tbh.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:13:47 PM by Blackllama »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »
Gotta make that money, plus it would be like if Nintendo ended Mario. The franchise is simply too popular, and too well known, to think that Master Chief's story will end at 3, or even years from now.

The thing that makes it different from the Call of Duty series is that they actually make an effort at a single player campaign that tells a story, not just Micheal bay it up with GUNS, GUYS, EXPLOSIONS, RUSSIANS!!

What they really need to do is focus on the beginning of the war, something that has been untouched except for books. That would make for an interesting storyline, and come on, we need more Avery Johnson.

Spoiler for Hidden:
His death was far too lame to let him go out like that.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Boxman

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 05:35:03 PM »
I'm just going to point out that they both run on different engines, and you play as two separate characters in both those games. One being an ODST and the other being a Generation 2 Spartan...

In all fairness, have you seen the characters?
At least 3 of them have to be on Steroids
Baird is the "smaller" one, while Dom and Marcus were both in service for what was it...? 14 years in wars that all required extreme physical endurance? Cole Train, however, was a sports athlete and mother fucker was on steroids.

Not to mention entirely different universe/planet/etc.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UORXacH28R0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UORXacH28R0</a>

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Gotta make that money, plus it would be like if Nintendo ended Mario. The franchise is simply too popular, and too well known, to think that Master Chief's story will end at 3, or even years from now.

The thing that makes it different from the Call of Duty series is that they actually make an effort at a single player campaign that tells a story, not just Micheal bay it up with GUNS, GUYS, EXPLOSIONS, RUSSIANS!!

What they really need to do is focus on the beginning of the war, something that has been untouched except for books. That would make for an interesting storyline, and come on, we need more Avery Johnson.

Spoiler for Hidden:
His death was far too lame to let him go out like that.

Reach was the biggest lost human colony at the beginning of the war, thats why there are so many spartans in that game. Also, if you watch the movie 'Forward Unto Dawn', its actually the very beginning of the human/covenant war. In Halo 4 the war is over, there is a peace between the two factions.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
"Beginning"

I know that other forums of media dealt with it, now lets play a game that deals with all the things before Reach, maybe a campaign that goes onto multiple planets as another spartan.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Boxman

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 06:20:23 PM »
"Beginning"

I know that other forums of media dealt with it, now lets play a game that deals with all the things before Reach, maybe a campaign that goes onto multiple planets as another spartan.
Reach was one of the first planets lost, but if I recall correctly, they encountered the Covenant before that moment... but not a whole lot happened.

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 06:20:23 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Pyro: happy birthday Tyber
    July 14, 2024, 01:55:16 PM
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal