Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pillz for Forum Mod?  (Read 9783 times)

Offline Jorgen

Re: Pillz for Forum Mod?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 01:14:29 PM »
How can I phrase myself...
Okay, Pillz, I hope you do not think I dislike you or anything. As most people in CG can tell you, if I talent scout or people ask for stuff I am normally very nitpicky and very blunt.
Here goes nothing 1-, I did not see sufficient forum moderation in the ally thread which you as a head admin should have access to change anything about since you should have mod status there. In that thread you were also an instigator of why the thread spiraled as much as it did, if you were the right man for the job I would've wished to see a better handleing of the situation.
On other occations in the debate part of the forums you have also been one of the instigators of why a thread had to be locked, IE I believe the new religion thread we tried to see if people were mature enough for. Where I warned every1 about saying shit and you literally posted what I said not to in the next reply after mine, resulting in an instant lock and me warning you that if I saw such behavior again I would give you a 1 week vacation from the forums.

You are an inteligent guy and I like talking to you + you are the best HA there has ever been for ZPS. I would wish to see you change my mind in the future but at the time I stand on what I have just said =)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:16:08 PM by Jorgen »

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
Ok, my 2 cents:  Due to having done this position, I would suggest these things:

1) The person must have a lot, and a lot, of time to do this job.  It can take several hours in a single day, if something, or someone, blows up on the forum.  And, it takes a lot of time to read, verify, and enforce.  Someone has to have the scores of hours per week to do this...

2) This is a second pathway to Community Leader, and should be treated as such. Many here have what it takes to be a Community Leader, but not a Head Admin (case in point: Me) and should have another path to becoming Community Leader.  Global Forum Moderator has been this path for me, and should be the path for other possible Community Leader Candidates.

3) The person must be fair, patient, and try to be balanced in their response to events on the Forum.  This is difficult.  They must be able to keep the drama down, without killing off the forum population.  I was only marginally successful in this. 

4) The person must not add drama, but prevent it.

So, I think we need to have a CL and HA meeting, to sort this out, and get the names of potential candidates.  People you would want to see, eventually, in a CL position.  People you think would be fair, minimize drama, and grow the Community.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
I have to say that pillz would be a great person for the position +1. Everyone looks at his mistakes and yet everyone makes them.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 03:29:32 PM »
The Allie thread I didn't dare edit in fear of pissing someone off, because I would of just taken all the negativity out; which would include my first post or so but I let you guys handle it since it wasn't my job and Inject was present. I had no idea what to do since my first post accidentally invoked an argument with Inject, something I wasn't exactly expecting, but he didn't edit anything either so I just let it be. I wasn't instigating, but I definitely didn't help and I apologize. Sure I could of handled it better, but that and the religion thread re-vamp were probably my worst posts lately, and the result of tensions, misunderstandings and the lack of moderating to begin with. The religion thread final post was a bad idea, but the point was people are going to have extreme negative opinions on religion and if you allow discussion on religion; you should expect that too. Especially when being called retarded for your beliefs is a constant thing here, debate forum or not; I didn't mean to call religion retarded in general and don't believe that at all, but extreme opinions like that come out when you discuss Religion; and I'm sorry it went so badly, but I'm glad it was locked, it should of been immediately.

I don't want the thread derailed but I understand your point Jorgen. I've made some bad decisions but usually only in response to fellow poor decisions; something I could definitely work on. As if I don't put enough thought into my posts, with a new status I'd put even more thought in. Not exactly more typing, god forbid, but this would completely change the way I choose to behave.

This is at the top of my mind but, He goes from HA to CL to HA to Admin and now to HA again.
Hopefully he gets the title of Forum Mod.
I'm pretty sure he's the right man for the job.

So either way, I've been a Community Leader before, and didn't do anything wrong; as far as I knew. I felt more responsible and willing to help out, up until randomly being changed to HA without any discussion. I was told it was the same thing, and not to worry. A month or three later I was replaced with Pwnd for inactivity, despite my ZPS hours at the time, my posts on the forum and the fact I was demoted halfway through adding a plugin to the server, causing the server to be a little buggy till someone noticed a week or so later. I was mad. I was seriously pissed off with CG, especially after the ban of Crypto and the bad blood between me and Inject that followed. Things have been shitty ever since, and I'm sick of the drama and hatred; and refuse to contribute anymore.

Regardless of whether or not I get moderator, I've been trying to turn a new leaf. I don't want to fight with Inject anymore, Jorgen, or anyone else; and would tone it down with the new position, like I have before. I was CL when I was 16/17; I think I could manage being Forum Moderator now at 19.

If I can't do it, with all my experience and forum activity; I'll be glad to +1 anyone else who could do it. Maybe Corey? I don't know, we all have our ups and downs, I just think we really need someone helping out. I don't see how me having the ability to move threads and edit posts could go to terribly wrong. I could even help keep track of promoting admins properly on the forum when they need to be, and whatever else.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 03:58:10 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 04:21:10 PM »
Maybe Corey?

oh god what

Pahahah, EXACTLY. I honestly don't know who else would be eligible.. Old Crow maybe, and uhh.. like.. uhhhhhh...

Offline Andredem

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
If you were to become a forum mod would that give you ability to change people's forum badges or is that CL only? Because I've noticed some admins on the forums with wrong admin badges or no badges at all, especially some of your ZPS admins.

Again, I'm very OCD about this kind of stuff.
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline Pillz

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 04:36:59 PM »
If you were to become a forum mod would that give you ability to change people's forum badges or is that CL only? Because I've noticed some admins on the forums with wrong admin badges or no badges at all, especially some of your ZPS admins.

Again, I'm very OCD about this kind of stuff.

Believe me, so am I. I've asked once or twice for a promotion round, but I'm not sure if I'd even have access to that.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 04:40:41 PM »
Well once upon a time us gullible CLs told HAs to tell us about who was promoted and who was demoted, but I guess we are suposed to be thought readers.
Not trying to sound like a dick, just explaining why that is.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »
Well once upon a time us gullible CLs told HAs to tell us about who was promoted and who was demoted, but I guess we are suposed to be thought readers.

I don't know if I talked to you directly about it, but not even a month or two ago I asked about a round of promotions via PM; of course it was shrouded in paragraphs of text I'm sure, I mentioned Patty and how he needs a promotion to regular/vet and he's still rankless. Someone promoted multigrain though so that's nice, but I wouldn't complain about it if I hadn't asked. As admin applications get accepted, you all should be able to promote them to trial on that; but again it would be easier if a HA did it instead of expecting our busy CL's to do so.

Offline arth987

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 04:59:20 PM »
I really think he would be a good person for the position. Also seeing how he handles stuff on ZPS it would help to have him as a forum boss.

Mabey now people will actually have to read his long ass posts.  trollface

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »

I don't know if I talked to you directly about it, but not even a month or two ago I asked about a round of promotions via PM; of course it was shrouded in paragraphs of text I'm sure, I mentioned Patty and how he needs a promotion to regular/vet and he's still rankless. Someone promoted multigrain though so that's nice, but I wouldn't complain about it if I hadn't asked. As admin applications get accepted, you all should be able to promote them to trial on that; but again it would be easier if a HA did it instead of expecting our busy CL's to do so.
shall be done right away, vet status on its way

Offline Andredem

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 05:01:23 PM »

Lol, don't forget SlyWilliam. Then again - this is a bit off-topic, sorry
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline Pillz

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »

Mmk hunnybuns<3 Oh can you set Slywilliam to regular, Allie to Trial and Jay to trial? Patty should be vet, Kingtrue also recently applied again, due to previous years of admining on ZPS Kingtrue should be vet also; unless anyone opposes.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 05:07:27 PM »

Mmk hunnybuns<3 Oh can you set Slywilliam to regular, Allie to Trial and Jay to trial? Patty should be vet, Kingtrue also recently applied again, due to previous years of admining on ZPS Kingtrue should be vet also; unless anyone opposes.
KABOSH

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 05:07:27 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal