Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's wrong with Society?  (Read 7189 times)

Offline Old Crow

Re: What's wrong with Society?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »
Quick detour off what pillz said

Why does it take forever to build things today? in the 50's projects got done in a hurry, now its just like Pillz said, lazy and it takes 3 months to pave a mile of road. Pay me and ill get it done in a week!

Seriously if the Russians could move a whole factory in 6 weeks and have it producing things again, and the Willow run plant could produce 1 4-engined B-24 bomber in an hour, then why can we not get things done today!
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »

Why does it take forever to build things today? in the 50's projects got done in a hurry, now its just like Pillz said, lazy and it takes 3 months to pave a mile of road. Pay me and ill get it done in a week!

Seriously if the Russians could move a whole factory in 6 weeks and have it producing things again, and the Willow run plant could produce 1 4-engined B-24 bomber in an hour, then why can we not get things done today!

There's no sense of urgency in the workers or even from the managers of the workers, all the way up to the company leaders. When it comes to roads they just think it'd be better if we wait, so we don't hold up traffic for too long, or other silly things that really don't matter. Nobody but the people who have to deal with the problem really care, and the people who fix those problems do it for a living, so not only do they hardly give a fuck, they do it every day, and probably cut corners to get it done so they can go home, get paid, and drink their sorrows away.

The real issue is how isolated people are from society. We all have shit going in our lives that we care about and don't have the time to give two fucks about anything else. That's not how I operate at all, but it seems like most of society does. I try my best to always help strangers and come across as kind and helpful as possible; if everyone was the same I feel there'd be a lot less conflict and more work might get done. Even if you're not changing anything or helping, it's better to be that nice guy who helped out than that nobody that did nothing at all. Society's still learning how to work together, there are still hundreds of thousands of people with their head in a hole only focusing on their immediate surroundings, stumbling around their lives angrily trying to find a way out. When it's those angry careless people building our roads and houses, it's no wonder things get done so slowly. It doesn't help that construction and similar jobs are usually occupied by the less intelligent half of the workforce, I'm not saying all construction workers and road repair people are dumb (well I kind of am) but it requires no real education or anything and usually offers minimum wage. You might as well be that depressed person on the intercom at burger king who always sounds pissed off for no reason, just working to get money.

We just need to start a personality requirement system for certain jobs. If you're going to work with people, you can't be an anti-social fucktard who is constantly hostile for no reason, like 90% of the fast food employees. At least at Sonic they look for personality as do most restaurants do for their waiters, and they commend me on having the kindest personality; though it's mostly a ruse just so I never have an angry customer; if people applied that kind of behavior every day, to any situation, even the retarded shit that makes you want to scream, the world would be a better place.

But back to the road and citybuilders- There are other factors like money, weather and so on that can delay completion but honestly that shouldn't prevent work. If anything, raise the pay on days it's raining or snowing. It's become too easy for people to hold things off because "it might rain this week" or whatever.. But still. Perhaps we're in a depression because all the wrong people have all the wrong jobs. Too many people settle for something that just makes them money, due to money being the center of everyone's lives.. That's another thing that needs to be fixed.

Money, a man made creation shouldn't be the center of our lives. Which kind of comes back around to my proposition we find a new currency system..
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:36:31 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
Omg pillz I can't read all of that xD
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 07:47:39 PM »
Omg pillz I can't read all of that xD

I was kind of thinking after posting it that nobody would read that much text, BUT ITS NOT REALLY THAT MUCH. It just looks like a lot, but takes very little time to read. I think everyone just imagines how long it'd take for them to type that much instead of just reading it lol

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »
I read it, and I agree, people need to start giving a shit, basically, they're too selfish to care about what is happening to others and do what they need to do in order to benefit themselves, not the rest of the world.

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »
The Utopian thing is something that is going to take probably 100's of years because of human nature, there is just too much greed like you pointed out, in the world today. Too many people are making too much money and not using it to help others but buy 10 Porsche's or suppress anything that will make them less money. I do disagree with you about building our way out however. America is still a free country, we still have freedom of the press, we still have freedom of speech and so on. We get enough people and resources we can build cities that don't need cars to get everywhere, we can build housing for everybody from the lowest waged workers to middle class to beyond. We can build structures to help the homeless, programs that could help them get some education and prop them up (just not now, Republicans wont allow it, and Democrats just dont care ATM)

1)A free country, sometimes limiting your freedom is a good thing. You don't want to create too much hysteria of course.

2)There are programs such as social safety nets. Its good because it benefits individuals, but there have been cases where individuals have abused its use to gain money that they do not need. Of course spending on things they do not need.

By creating a city where you have your necessities and modernized buildings at you disposal, you attract a lot of people. People migrating into that city, causing over population, competition for jobs causing high unemployment rates.  A higher crime rate... lets just say domino effect.

To prevent over-population you would have to limit who enters. Basically selecting who stays and who goes. Which im strongly opposed to.

Lastly, what my previous post was intending to say was, by solving 1 problem we create 2 others, and so on. We often run away from those problems and progress on. Everyone remember the television cartoon "the jetsons", That right there is what the writer thought to be the future, we living in the sky, with flying cars. But ask yourself where's the land, trees, dirt? Where's the water? obviously we try to run away from our problems.

Take a look at the roman empire. The capital city of Rome in whatever BC ( i am no historian) If you were a citizen of Rome you had little worries, you had armies conquering and enslaving, walls to protect you a job where you had no foreign competition, you were basically living the life. You had slaves, surplus of resources, prosperity, whatever. Years later they over expanded pissed off some barbarians and Rome just shattered itself. To be in more in-depth, the system in Rome was already corrupt, people were bribing and murdering eachother.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 08:58:04 PM »
@Pills: some jobs have that but most do not. When I get a job as a pilot I basically have to sit in front of a 3 person board and get my brain picked to get hired. Reason is that in aviation you dot want some macho man trying to fly the plane, and you don't want assholes fighting with their co-pilots. It's something that could be adopted for legit jobs, at least more of them. Thing is, McDonald's is a beginning job for teenagers so they won't always look for the best help, they just need somebody to work the grill

@Doc: I can see how that would be a problem but look at Tokyo, they have 33 million people living in the city so it is entirely possible, hell most states don't have that population put together but think about it. Most could live near their job, not have to drive the average of 40 miles a day to get to it. We can get rid of some of these cars, saving gas and resources.  Its not possible to have all the jobs close, factories are something you dont want residential property but for most you could build their job close to them. Your other point is more then valid about crime, that seems to be more of a culture thing though at least thats what im guessing because you don't see the kind of things that happen in large cities in the states that happens in Europe or Asia.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 11:06:45 PM »
@Pills: some jobs have that but most do not. When I get a job as a pilot I basically have to sit in front of a 3 person board and get my brain picked to get hired. Reason is that in aviation you dot want some macho man trying to fly the plane, and you don't want assholes fighting with their co-pilots. It's something that could be adopted for legit jobs, at least more of them. Thing is, McDonald's is a beginning job for teenagers so they won't always look for the best help, they just need somebody to work the grill

Exactly, most jobs like that require screenings and other things to make sure the person is capable of the job, but not all of them that involve human interaction.

Also when I imagine these ideal cities/civilization, I kind of imagine the whole world working together that way at that point; most every city and nation connected one way or another. So I don't really see overpopulation like that happening, I mean it's entirely possible but we haven't really even completely established how those cities would be, much less how overpopulation would be an issue.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 11:35:39 PM »

Exactly, most jobs like that require screenings and other things to make sure the person is capable of the job, but not all of them that involve human interaction.

Also when I imagine these ideal cities/civilization, I kind of imagine the whole world working together that way at that point; most every city and nation connected one way or another. So I don't really see overpopulation like that happening, I mean it's entirely possible but we haven't really even completely established how those cities would be, much less how overpopulation would be an issue.

Overpopulation in general is an issue. Overpopulation in a city is not really possible if everything is taken care of like in Toyko, New York, and the such

3 Days isn't log

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2012, 12:14:39 AM »

Overpopulation in general is an issue. Overpopulation in a city is not really possible if everything is taken care of like in Toyko, New York, and the such

Yes in a city as a whole is different. Problem with Tokyo however there is not much ethnicity diversity. Its good to see that Japan sharing cultural differences and mixing their own with western. Not to mention western society's views.

Toronto is sort of like New York and is a good example but has districts such as china town, financial district,etc
Initially the government was in short supply of labor so they opened immigration and started constructing districts to represent different ethnicities.

Are you suggesting your ideal cities in different parts of the world WITH a mixed ethnicity?

Offline Fullmetal Megadave

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2012, 12:15:00 AM »

Here's my reaction to that:

Offline Pillz

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2012, 12:15:47 AM »

Over population around the world you mean? Well.. I don't really see it as a problem yet, but we are starting to see the effects of it on society. But it's only going to get worse, so we better start adapting to surviving amongst billions of people. There's enough space for us still and there will be for a long while. Something will surely cut the population down sooner or later though. They come around every few centuries..

Offline Fullmetal Megadave

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 12:18:27 AM »

Over population around the world you mean? Well.. I don't really see it as a problem yet, but we are starting to see the effects of it on society. But it's only going to get worse, so we better start adapting to surviving amongst billions of people. There's enough space for us still and there will be for a long while. Something will surely cut the population down sooner or later though. They come around every few centuries..
Yep, mother nature just has to find new ways to population check; which, unfortunatly, may come in the form of a huge ass asteroid.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2012, 01:30:14 AM »
The closer together we live, the easier disease and viruses can spread, that'll kill people, another nice version of population control.  Not to mention natural disasters, and terrorists, they help too.

There are a lot of other ways as well, population will never get TOO out of control.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2012, 04:27:14 AM »
Yes I mean population in the general sense, that we are starting to outgrow this planets ability to give us enough essential (read, water, food) resources to support everybody.

It is true, cities do promote the spread of disease and crime but these are things that can be fixed with the right amount of people, time, and programs. We are certainly at a standstill when it comes to progress today (and like you guys mentioned, a major de-population event) so I am pretty sure we will start a huge leap in the progress of improving liberties for most people of the world or fixing problems such as hunger in the near future. The question is when, because it just seems America is so damned fixed on trying to get back to the good ol' times when we should be focusing on the good new times.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2012, 04:27:14 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Pyro: happy birthday Tyber
    July 14, 2024, 01:55:16 PM
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal