Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bunnyhopping  (Read 5883 times)

Offline Zukuto

Re: Bunnyhopping
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 01:27:35 AM »
Holy shit,

I'm going to make this dumb mis-conception clear:

BUNNYHOPPING IS NOT AN EXPLOIT

It's not anymore of an exploit than changing alltalk on or off. You do realize there is a cvar in ALL Source games called sv_enablebunnyhopping and sv_airaccelerate is an editable cvar that ALLOWS you to bunnyhop. Seriously, bunnyhopping has been a 'thing' since the beginning of Valve, and they've carried it through. And the argument that it gives an unfair advantage is bullshit, because it doesn't. Bunnyhopping leaves you extremely vulnerable actually, seeing as you start out SLOWER than everybody else and have to build up speed and are easily stopped. I understand that if you can't do it, it sucks, but generally people who can bunnyhop are good at the game because guess what, they've practiced the game and bunnyhopping. So don't bitch about it being 'unfair' or an 'exploit' cause it's not.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 01:34:37 AM »
Its annoying as Fvck, and you can quote me.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:39:19 AM by Cadaver »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 01:34:37 AM »

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 01:38:09 AM »
Annoying I can agree, but I find it annoying when somebody is better than me and kicks my ass. I don't think it should be banned though. Ever.

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 01:38:44 AM »
Its annoying as Fvck, and you can quote me.

[COMMENT REMOVED FOR PERSONAL INSULTS]

Global Moderator Comment Nuh uh, not modded :P

Ohhh.. he's good.

Global Moderator Comment Yes, yes I am
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:46:02 AM by Cadaver »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 01:51:56 AM »
Jorgen, I'm pretty sure I mentioned ZPS a few times. I wasn't JUST talking bout ZM, kthnx. Was talking about Bhop in general. Dur, I played it, and all my bhop zm experiences are from when Tictac was HA of ZM in SKG. Don't play much anymore, but I know bhop will be annoying anywhere besides a Bhop server.

People WILL get pissed off, and that's why I don't allow it on ZPS. Like I said it's not as much of an issue in ZM but it's still annoying as fuck and unfair, like everyone else said.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 01:52:56 AM »
Zukuto have u ever play ZM or ZPS with everyone bunnyhopping. It is a uneven game. Zombies being able 2 jump over u. Humans being able 2 speed run from the zombies while shooting them with a pistol that has alot of force. Bhopping is thing that allows playerz 2 have a unfair advantage on others. In ZM and ZPS u have alot of time 2 run and use the trick pretty much instantly. The ability for humans 2 outrun a zombie like a crack user and not get tired. and also Bhoppers are not slower then normal people. When u get alot of ammo, guns, melee on the game, that is what makes u slower, ZM on the other hand has no weight system. speed is same as anyone elses.

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »
Zukuto have u ever play ZM or ZPS with everyone bunnyhopping. It is a uneven game. Zombies being able 2 jump over u. Humans being able 2 speed run from the zombies while shooting them with a pistol that has alot of force. Bhopping is thing that allows playerz 2 have a unfair advantage on others. In ZM and ZPS u have alot of time 2 run and use the trick pretty much instantly. The ability for humans 2 outrun a zombie like a crack user and not get tired. and also Bhoppers are not slower then normal people. When u get alot of ammo, guns, melee on the game, that is what makes u slower, ZM on the other hand has no weight system. speed is same as anyone elses.

If you had read what I said, I said you START OUT slow, you don't just imediately go fast, it has to do with turning and gaining velocity, and stopping a bunnyhopper couldn't be easier. There's zombie mod's for CSS, and people bunny hop all the time, you know why it's not banned? Because both zombies AND humans can do it, and people generally understand that it's not that bad of a thing, nothing different then any other gameplay.

Offline Multigrain

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 02:29:38 AM »
I'm going to leave my two cents here. If and only IF Valve intended for humans and or zombies to got that fast, they would have made them go that fast, simple as that. The day bunny hopping isn't ban-able on our zps server is the day I stop playing on it.

It is an exploit in the fact the game isn't intended that your increasing your movement speed that high. Just some servers support that exploit and don't care.

It gives a serious unfair advantage to those that try to master the exploit to those that play the game the way it should.

Also to anyone who says that bunny hopping is fair so anyone can do it. Everyone can use aimbots too, or glitch through side of map its available. Just because everyone can do it doesn't constitute it being fair.

tl;dr bunny hopping is an exploit

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 03:29:21 AM »
I'm going to leave my two cents here. If and only IF Valve intended for humans and or zombies to got that fast, they would have made them go that fast, simple as that. The day bunny hopping isn't ban-able on our zps server is the day I stop playing on it.

It is an exploit in the fact the game isn't intended that your increasing your movement speed that high. Just some servers support that exploit and don't care.

It gives a serious unfair advantage to those that try to master the exploit to those that play the game the way it should.

Also to anyone who says that bunny hopping is fair so anyone can do it. Everyone can use aimbots too, or glitch through side of map its available. Just because everyone can do it doesn't constitute it being fair.

I guess you didn't read my post either. It's not an exploit anymore than firing your damn gun is. I can argue this all day, you THINK it's an exploit because it's not something you see in everyday games, but guess what, you can do it in almost ANY Valve game. They, as in VALVE, not some server, have even implemented commands that servers can enable to specifically allow bunny hopping, it wasn't some accident found or glitch in the physics engine. Now, granted, they probably didn't intend for bunny hopping to be possible, but if you know anything about Valve, it's that they like to let games generate user content and game modes rather than building them theirselves. Seriously, get it through you're heads, it's not an exploit, it WAS accidental years and years ago, now it's implemented on purpose by Valve, hell, it was implemented BEFORE the Source engine was released.

Now, I understand that you think it creates an unfair advantage, but it's no more unfair then me being able to snipe better than somebody. The idea behind bunny hoppers being good is that they have spent quite of bit of time playing the game they're bunnyhopping in and as such have gained quite a bit of skill. Rarely do you find bunny hoppers who are bad.

Next point--
If there is a mod that we have (which we don't) that would make it so bunny hopping is unfair, then it should be removed, but any player is able to do it, Zombie and human alike, so instead of complaining about it, play more and learn how to counter it, cause honestly it's not that hard.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 03:39:37 AM »

Unlike bunnyhoppying, you need hacks in order to aimbot.  And comparing it to glitching doesn't make sense, if you look up the definition of a glitch, it says it's an error or malfunction.  Bunnyhopping is not an error or malfunction, it's built into the game.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 04:17:55 AM »

Unlike bunnyhoppying, you need hacks in order to aimbot.  And comparing it to glitching doesn't make sense, if you look up the definition of a glitch, it says it's an error or malfunction.  Bunnyhopping is not an error or malfunction, it's built into the game.

I lol'd

I guess you didn't read my post either. It's not an exploit anymore than firing your damn gun is. I can argue this all day, you THINK it's an exploit because it's not something you see in everyday games, but guess what, you can do it in almost ANY Valve game. They, as in VALVE, not some server, have even implemented commands that servers can enable to specifically allow bunny hopping, it wasn't some accident found or glitch in the physics engine. Now, granted, they probably didn't intend for bunny hopping to be possible, but if you know anything about Valve, it's that they like to let games generate user content and game modes rather than building them theirselves. Seriously, get it through you're heads, it's not an exploit, it WAS accidental years and years ago, now it's implemented on purpose by Valve, hell, it was implemented BEFORE the Source engine was released.

Now, I understand that you think it creates an unfair advantage, but it's no more unfair then me being able to snipe better than somebody. The idea behind bunny hoppers being good is that they have spent quite of bit of time playing the game they're bunnyhopping in and as such have gained quite a bit of skill. Rarely do you find bunny hoppers who are bad.

Next point--
If there is a mod that we have (which we don't) that would make it so bunny hopping is unfair, then it should be removed, but any player is able to do it, Zombie and human alike, so instead of complaining about it, play more and learn how to counter it, cause honestly it's not that hard.

Yeah, well in ZPS they tried to kill bunnyhopping by decreasing the players speed as they jump more and more, and that happens by the game registering when you hit the ground, what the ZPS bunnyhoppers tell me is that when they bunnyhop the game doesn't even register them hitting the ground so instead of ever slowing down, when they're bunny hopping they continue onward at the speed of when they started it. Sometimes that's IMMEDIATELY after a zombie attacks them, they jump, and the attack launches them forward and then they bunnyhop, practically rocketing them across the goddamn map, out of the zombies reach.

So anyway, ZPS is a very stamina based game, and I just wanted to explain why I have such a deep hatred for it. When people bunnyhop in my game, it kind of is an "exploit" but in ZM, it never really pissed me off because it wasn't inflicting MY gameplay. It wasn't pissing other people off, but in ZPS people are often complaining about it, so to keep the servergoers happy, we deal with it.

In ZM it just offers the ability to move faster than everyone else, do traps better apparently, and dodge zombies better. Never played CSS but I hear that's where everyone learns how to bhop, so yeppp.

It shouldn't be a bannable offense on ZM, Idc about that, I'm just saying it's annoying and pisses people off. Clearly. In a game where other people feel cheated, like ZPS it makes sense to keep it away. ZM, well, Pyro and others don't seem to like it, and they're the ZM admins, so it's up to them?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:21:26 AM by Pillz »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 04:20:50 AM »
Pillz that isn't even how it works. It's the forward momentum that builds up. Thats why there is tons of Bhop maps. It's considered an art. Professionals know how to do it very well.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Pillz

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 04:32:32 AM »
Pillz that isn't even how it works. It's the forward momentum that builds up. Thats why there is tons of Bhop maps. It's considered an art. Professionals know how to do it very well.

I wasn't even really explaining how it works, but how it gets around ZPS's jumpslowingdowninginging But whaaatthefuckever I know it's forward momentum that builds up, that's why they don't slow down when they're doing it and it breaks ZPS gameplay, hence most people often being annoyed by it.. I'm sure it's an art but since everyone's making crude comparisons, painting pictures with your dick is an art also.  Meme9

And I don't really know of Bhop maps, but like I said I hear CSS has a lot of that.. never really got into CSS, so I didn't have the chance to get used to it as you did, I just get occasional players who are really good and get the whole server pissed off.

Either way, someone get Arby's to make a statement.. this is his Jurisdiction riiiiite? He might like bunnyhopping and this whole discussion is moot.

EDIT:

YEAH. Arbies changed it back the second it was changed and now there's a no bunnyhopping rule in ZM. <3
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:33:37 PM by Pillz »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 04:38:56 AM »

I wasn't even really explaining how it works, but how it gets around ZPS's jumpslowingdowninginging But whaaatthefuckever I know it's forward momentum that builds up, that's why they don't slow down when they're doing it and it breaks ZPS gameplay, hence most people often being annoyed by it.. I'm sure it's an art but since everyone's making crude comparisons, painting pictures with your dick is an art also.  Meme9

And I don't really know of Bhop maps, but like I said I hear CSS has a lot of that.. never really got into CSS, so I didn't have the chance to get used to it as you did, I just get occasional players who are really good and get the whole server pissed off.

Either way, someone get Arby's to make a statement.. this is his Jurisdiction riiiiite? He might like bunnyhopping and this whole discussion is moot.
Honestly other then your and ZPS type communitys most people really don't mind Bhoping.

But yeah sure we'll see if we can get arbys to talk,
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 05:33:46 AM »

Honestly other then your and ZPS type communitys most people really don't mind Bhoping.

But yeah sure we'll see if we can get arbys to talk,
Really shouldnt word it that way. on ZPS type communitys. We are all the same type community. ZPS has a stamina system that slows a survivor down when they hit the ground when jumping. CSS has a different type of system. ZM is pretty much based on the HA's Choice. It is kinda of a stressing issue on Where bhopping is allowed.
ZPS - Not allowed
CSS - Allowed
ZM - HA's Decision
Other then that we have our different points of views.
Just 2 make things clearer, In ZPS it is intended that when a player jumps and hits the ground they will then be slowed down. Anything other then that is exploit. When your spectator physics doesn't matter.

i am pretty sure in CSS finding guns and other things is easyer ( i dont know ) But in ZPS guns are kinda rare. depending on which maps.

ZM doesnt have a stamina system or physics system that slows u down when u Jump. So i have 2 say it might be a allowable thing on their.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 05:33:46 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Pyro: happy birthday Tyber
    July 14, 2024, 01:55:16 PM
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal