Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bunnyhopping  (Read 5869 times)

Offline GaryOak

Bunnyhopping
« on: January 22, 2012, 08:10:37 AM »
bhopping doesn't work that good on the zm server... can someone fix it or something pretty please :) peace

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: Bunnyhopping
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 08:28:40 AM »
sure. I'll adjust the sv_airaccerate or w/e in a few mins.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 08:28:40 AM »

Offline GaryOak

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »
thx man :)

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 06:29:44 PM »
thx man :)
Tell me if the issue is fixed. It should be now.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Pyro

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »
Please do change airaccelerate back to normal. I think bunnyhopping gives an unfair advantage to players that cannot bunnyhop at all
Why would you think Pillz made the rule 'No bunnyhopping' on ZPS. Because it is a Source Engine exploit,and makes things
unbalanced. Please change it back. Or i will just do it myself. REQUESTING A LOCK*     

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 06:44:17 PM »
Please do change airaccelerate back to normal. I think bunnyhopping gives an unfair advantage to players that cannot bunnyhop at all
Why would you think Pillz made the rule 'No bunnyhopping' on ZPS. Because it is a Source Engine exploit,and makes things
unbalanced. Please change it back. REQUESTING A LOCK*     
yeah but it's not an exploit. It's more of a half bug. Isn't even really an issue if you don't have the settings optimized for it. And since most of the ZM maps revolve around knowing how to bunnyhop I don't see the issue.

Saying BAN IT CAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT, is a pretty crappy reason. That's like someone saying they don't know how to do math so anyone who can count is a which and must be burred immediately.

:P

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »
Fuck bunnyhopping. ZM maps do not revolve around knowing how to bunnyhop, if there are any they should be burned.

More than 95%(guesstimation from amt of bhoppers I've bitched at in ZPS) of players don't know how to do it, and don't want to learn because it's fucking stupid. It unbalances things because then you have cunts hopping around the map 2x faster than people who don't, they can get guns and other things faster, they run away from zombies faster, and everyone who knows how to do it has an advantage. Why the fuck would you want to be that guy, in ZPS anytime someone bhops everyone hates you and wants you banned immediately.

It's a bug/exploit because nobody fucking gains speed IRL or anywhere, from jumping over and over. It's a source engine exploit, and it's retarded. When zombies are attacking you, you don't start jumping up and down over and over to escape. Even if you did, it shouldn't make you go faster.

Saying BAN IT BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT, isn't what anyone said. Lot's of people fucking despise bunnyhopping and would rather leave the community than be forced to play with a server full of bunnyhoppers. I've been offered to learn how many times, but I don't ever fucking want to learn because then I'd probably do it on accident like others. I had to ban a friend of mine from ZPS because everytime I attacked him as zombie and he got "scared", he'd bhop away in bursts, and it's the most fucking unfair retarded thing ever. He'd always bhop when he thought he was alone, and would use explosions to fly across the map. It was one of the most goddamn annoying things on the planet.

It's probably a bigger deal on ZPS but it wasn't there for a reason, and changing it because some random kid asked you too is a pretty crappy reason. Anyway, yepyep, looks like it's not happening anyway. Just had to rage somewhere, and I hate bhop. Lrn2play the game the way it was intended to be played. They didn't make the mod hoping the humans would be zooming around zombies. /rage
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 09:26:45 PM »
Love how this all started with a guy, who has been dead in community and game the moments Arbys rejects him as a guy applying for admin.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
Love how this all started with a guy, who has been dead in community and game the moments Arbys rejects him as a guy applying for admin.

^ This, and i agree with Pillz & Pyro, Bhop is an unfair advantage and it really isn't needed in ZM seeming most of the time its just either dodging traps or surviving hordes of zombies.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 09:57:19 PM »
unbalanced. Please change it back. Or i will just do it myself. REQUESTING A LOCK*     

Everyone can do it, you just need to learn.  Not an unfair advantage.  If I can aim better then you is that an unfair advantage?  No, it's a normal advantage, you just need to learn to aim better.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »

Everyone can do it, you just need to learn.  Not an unfair advantage.  If I can aim better then you is that an unfair advantage?  No, it's a normal advantage, you just need to learn to aim better.

It is an unfair advantage. Hardly anyone bunnyhops, those who do have an advantage. I'm not going to go out of my way to learn it, even if I did it's still bullshit in zombie games. Zombies shouldn't be able to jump around like maniacs, and humans shouldn't either.

You can't allow bunnyhopping, and when people complain say GO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. That's fucking stupid, and from the looks of things none of the ZM admins want it. It's not part of zombie master, it's a "exploit" in the source engine and they can't do anything about it. All we can do is tell the bunnies to fuck off.

Aiming comes naturally after playing any game, it's a skill thing. Bhopping isn't a skill you hone playing the game, you have to go out of your way to figure it out, and to even get it down it takes months.

It's unfair because players who do it can speed away from zombies leaving their teamates to die, or outrun them to ammo and weapons, or they can use it to further exploit maps, etc.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:34:17 PM by Pillz »

Offline Leomire

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 10:46:43 PM »
This arguement is alot like politics. No one's ideas are going to be changed so quit arguing about it. To some people Bunny hopping and Aiming are two in one: a skill. I can see it as a disadvantage to those who don't learn it but it shouldn't be a game breaking issue entirely

Offline Pillz

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 10:52:18 PM »
In ZPS it is a game breaker, and I've seen it wrongfully used in ZM before. Nothings more annoying than that one guy who bunnyhops way ahead of everyone. Most people who spend lots of time playing Source games learn how to do it, but there's no way it's a two in one with aiming. I am superduper awesome at aiming and have no idea how to Bhop. I DO know how to jump and move to avoid bullets effectively, and that's something completely different, one gives you a speed boost while the other slows you down. Some people may know how to do it but as far as ZM and ZPS goes, Zombies should NEVER be bunnyhopping. It looks retarded and it's unfair. If anyone wants that they should find/make a bhop server.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 12:43:50 AM »
ZM =/= humanly controlled zombies so your last sentence is a non issue Pillz

For me it is a non issue in general, several ZM maps use bunnyhopping to avoid some traps and some few maps have bunnyhopping as a necessity to clear puzzles. The only person with a problem would be the ZM, and the ZM is waaay op in many maps anyways =P

Sidenote, what you said about zombies pillz makes this question a necessity, have you ever played ZM?

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 01:05:57 AM »
ZM =/= humanly controlled zombies so your last sentence is a non issue Pillz

For me it is a non issue in general, several ZM maps use bunnyhopping to avoid some traps and some few maps have bunnyhopping as a necessity to clear puzzles. The only person with a problem would be the ZM, and the ZM is waaay op in many maps anyways =P

Sidenote, what you said about zombies pillz makes this question a necessity, have you ever played ZM?
Actually i have 2 say bunny hopping is one of those things that should not be allowed. in most ZM maps u can get around traps by being smart. I for 1 have played on the ZM server more then u Jorgen. Pillz is right on this issue on bunny hopping. When u play on a regular stock map on ZM it is pretty much impossible 2 kill a bhopper if they are able 2 move faster then the zombz. In ZM their is no weight limit and no stamina. No reason 2 have the ability 2 bhop. On the ZPS server it is also bad because Zombs and Also bhop and catch a human extreamly quick. even when the human is in panic and doesn't have itemz. i banned someone who was teaching bhop on the server.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 01:05:57 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Pyro: happy birthday Tyber
    July 14, 2024, 01:55:16 PM
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal