Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Genetic Testing.  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: Genetic Testing.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 07:26:40 PM »
imo tv shows and video games are unrelated. Things aren't going to be like that.

also don't use god as an explanation for things in the debate thread, never a good idea.

One day were all going to be able to exchange our old bodies for new ones like we would a car, so who cares if you pick the sex of your child, this is only the beginning of the FUTUREEE.
Actually often tv shows or games take a real possible issue but go to far with it either way they still do provide a point and in some cases can be very correct.

However in terms of that game those were robotic enhancements not genetic, and were not even close to having those robotic things created. Have you scene today's so called AMAZING Prosthetic arms? There pathetic, and they cost the price of a sports car.

AT THIS POINT Robotic enhancements are not really very plausable. In the future yeah sure not yet tho.

On topic to the Genetic type stuff, also you guys have been watching to much of that mythbusters guys new tv show. God i hate him. I'm sure we'll all kill our selfs before we are able to change bodys -_-.

Hears something interesting tho. Tower I like what you said we need to stop human defects right?

Ok Well technically being gay is a defect. Obviously I'd be immoral to change someone who already is but don't you think we should ensure all future births are straight humans? Or is this somehow unethical?
Personally I don't think it is. Theres nothing wrong with being gay but that doesn't mean it isn't a birth defect. I'm  not saying if someones gay you make fun of them. I don't make fun of someone who was born with 1 hand either. But at the same time it would be redicilious to think OHH Being born with one hand isn't a defect.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Pillz

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 09:07:49 PM »
They are ineresting scenarios, sure, but fictions still fiction. Also, being gay is a birth defect? If that's what you think we should probably start a new thread for fighting.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 09:07:49 PM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 10:33:05 PM »
They are ineresting scenarios, sure, but fictions still fiction. Also, being gay is a birth defect? If that's what you think we should probably start a new thread for fighting.
Debating isn't fighting. If thats how you see it your looking at it wrong.

Also fiction is actually quite often based off of real science and expanded from that. Theres nothing to stop the capability of humans eventually making things like from desu ex. But I'm not even argueing that point.

Gay is a birth defect it's already well known. The human species (and all species for that matter) has 1 purpose. To reproduce, if one of them can't because there sexual attraction prevents this it's a defect. Huamns are made to be stright. I don't care if someones gay but its redicilious to deny the obvious.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »

Also fiction is actually quite often based off of real science and expanded from that. Theres nothing to stop the capability of humans eventually making things like from desu ex. But I'm not even argueing that point.

Gay is a birth defect it's already well known. The human species (and all species for that matter) has 1 purpose. To reproduce, if one of them can't because there sexual attraction prevents this it's a defect. Huamns are made to be stright. I don't care if someones gay but its redicilious to deny the obvious.
Thats as valid as saying someone who doesn't want to have kids has a defect. They are not physically unable to have kids, they just arent interested in women, but there are other ways.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 11:31:47 PM »

Thats as valid as saying someone who doesn't want to have kids has a defect. They are not physically unable to have kids, they just arent interested in women, but there are other ways.
No thats not the same at all. Someone who doesnt want kids chose that due to a social option. They chose that. Someone whos gay physicaly can't have kids. Sperm banks and rape don't count.  Science is on my side on this one. Its not a debate its a fact

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 11:53:19 PM »
Actually it is valid, there is only one way to look at it there are 2 forms of relations. Homosexual relations and heterosexual relations (bisexual relations is not a form of relation it is a combination), 1 of these forms has a reason (offspring) the other doesn't.
Can you call heterosexual relations defective? no, the homosexual relation is, because it does not achieve the goal that is made for reproduction.
BUUUUt this is not the correct place to debate this.

when it comes to genetic manipulation I can easily see 2 sides to this, but the most prominent one for me is the fact that no1 will be special. The other one is obviously the fact that every1 should have the chance to have a physical appearance they are happy with.
still though this is a while away, I know I have already looked into possible ways to try this, but no matter what you first have to discover all the genes that come together to form the physical you, also the mental you. When this is done there are decades of experiments with first living flesh, then animal testing and finally a controlled experiments with human subjects and that has to include all spectrums within race and sex.
Also I have yet to even mention the many many problems there are with mental genetic manipulation, if you are already sentient (in a lack of better words), the previous you might die! If the alterations happen to suddenly, or the alterations are to large scale it you literally kill what is you. especially then if this happens in the frontal lobe, also if this impacts your brain stem then your hearth might stop beating and you may be unable to breathe.
Not to get started on the fact that if the brain grows and the skull doesn't you might die from inter cranial pressure, at the very least you would become very very confused, lose balance and most likely start puking.
on the physical side there are many other things, like the fact that you need immense amounts of proteins and other building material at the time you undergo a transformation. Which could take a while depending on the severity of the changes, possibly for that while you'd have to be feed trough a tube, which could have terrible consequences for your liver and other organs.

So yea people, it is a long time away, and the dangers are very high. The dangers will be especially high when this is all new, but yeah.
My general opinion is, if you wish to take the chance with all of this then by all means you should be allowed too. It is a way better choice than suicide.

My mind is clustered right now, therefor my words are rather clustered. Sorry.   

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »
Anyway back on topic here (Robotic arms and homosexuals aside) Believe it or not, technology is advancing very quickly. When will we have crossed the line, or is it "sky's the limit" science-wise. Recently a scientist has created a modified version of the avian flu. It can be spread through the air amongst humans. This new strand of the avian flu can kill a person in a matter of days. Imagine what somebody can do with this.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 04:35:09 PM »
Biological weapons are kind of old news. For all we know they could have a concoction of the nematic plague ready for launch O.O
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 04:39:49 PM »
He hasn't released his notes to the scientific community yet, and there's this huge shit storm being kicked up from it. ANYWAY, How far is too far. Are we screwing ourselves by tampering with this kinda stuff? or are we unlocking the door to a bright and sunny future with lots of rainbows and healthy people.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 06:48:42 PM »
Actually you pretty much repressed the entire story Yahtzee, it was a dutch scientist who did it because he wanted to prove to the world it could be done. As a heads up because no1 believed how simple it is to create a lethal virus.
As far as I heard he used methods that are far from new, so this could've been done ages ago, thing is bio weaponry is useless in this globalised day and age. Use bio weapons on a country, it spreads all the way back to yours. The targeting range is waaaaay to large for it to be useful, noooow for something that would be considered an amazing leap in bio technology. If some1 was capable of creating a virus that targeted on behalf of race or sex, something that can be controlled in other words, that would be new.

Why don't we just bring up the old news that some scientists managed to make a bunch of lemurs bones glow in the dark, and then managed to get this to pass down into several generations later.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 11:49:38 AM »
to the point where people are changing their races and stuff, and if this can happen racism can be an obvious problem.

Dude what. You decide to make babby with a black person. Yet you don't want a black child.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 03:58:01 PM »
to the point where people are changing their races and stuff, and if this can happen racism can be an obvious problem.

Dude what. You decide to make babby with a black person. Yet you don't want a black child.

I don't think.. that's what.. he meant? I'm not really sure what he meant either though, racism wouldn't be an issue.

I don't see it that way, but usually these turn into fights, or contain little ones. Like when someone doesn't understand what the hell you're talking about, why you're talking about it or how you spelled it and you ask them if they have a tumor on their brain. Which I would of replied to violently, with words. So it's a fight, ritelol?

(Insert Desu Ex joke here)
My point is fiction =/= reality. We're talking about genetic testing, my interests are focused on realities, not what happened in a script somewhere. It's based off of reality and then the imagination of the writer or director is applied. While it's very possible that could be our future, word for word it won't be. Just because robotics and prostethics exist and are being worked on, doesn't mean that we can achieve Deus Ex. Why the fuck would we want to honestly?

Let's talk about genetic testing and where it'll get us, not what happened in fiction and where it got "them". Or more importantly, what's going on today.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 04:00:09 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 03:58:01 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal