Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ban Appeal  (Read 4211 times)

U MAD???

Re: Ban Appeal
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 01:15:58 AM »
hes gonna do something and its just gonna fuck over cg but no one should pay attention since he said sorry

Hair Slut

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 01:45:37 AM »
i say keep the guy away, depending what he did(what did he do?)

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 01:45:37 AM »

U MAD???

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 02:00:03 AM »
get cg a bad rep making it get ddosed made me lose my admin the first time i got it trolled servers using the cg tag bein an asshole to most people in cg common douchbaggery

Offline El-Kwaurtzo

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 02:15:58 AM »
If my intentions were truly those of malice then I wouldn't be here trying to appeal the ban, would I? I don't have to be a part of CG if I wanted it to look bad, I could simply dawn a cg tag and run about doing anything I wanted. Instead, I'm here, on knees, asking for forgiveness. CG was something I had put money, time, and effort into.

I've had alot of shit happen to me recently thats made me try to go back and make amends with any bridges that may have been burned within the past year or two. Karma finally caught up.

Like I have previously stated, I've got no credibility here, and if I were truly enthralled with malicious intent, I would not be here, trying to do this, I could satiate that feeling without doing this.

Offline artixloktar

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 02:37:44 AM »
Look, i do not see why we just do not keep an eye on him, its not like he has admin power, he really can only troll and i do not think he is going to do that. I say we unban him, but keep a close eye on him, if he starts doing anything bad, cadaver can play ban hammer, ATTACK OF THE CADAVER!!!!!. It is going half way so i think this might be a good plan. (not up to me though, no one likes me :'( )

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 02:39:57 AM »
Dont know what you did but im with maggots on this one. Second chance BUT the minute he starts up anything ban.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline matthew

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 02:54:33 AM »
i say no hes had many chances to change when he was in cg and look what happened

Offline Guvnuh

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 02:55:41 AM »
Did you read the Original post?

Offline artixloktar

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 03:09:06 AM »
Yes i did, the fact is though that he was not as bad as everyone said he was (he was still bad yes, but people take it he was like CG's Devil). I think we should just keep him on watch, and if your smart, you can see that without admin powers and with protection from better admins that we now have, like 75% of the stuff and the bad list, he cant do anymore. So really the only thing we need to worry about is if he still has his hacking habits, witch i really do not think he does. He does anything bad, ban. It really is simple as that (At least in my mind it is).

Offline Ashes Relandi

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 04:24:54 AM »
Despite him being a total jerk :/

We may have had several issues with each other,

i'd say give him 1 last chance. if he fucks up then thats it

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 05:32:38 AM »
Sometimes getting banned opens the door to a second chance. Why turn him down? If he has the balls to come here and admit he was wrong, I'd say let him back. Most people get perma banned from CG and never return. Kwaurtz had the guts to attempt to return because we are one of his callings. I think the community would have a negative feel if we turn him away now. He's trying to make things better and we are not meeting him the full way if we close the door on him
ya and  parrot
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 09:33:41 AM »
I guess you people are forgetting something,

Kwaurtz was banned multiple times, and the last one was PERMA because of the multiple infractions.
The entire point of a perma ban is so that it is PERMANENT. Pretty straight forward, the only reason this ban should ever be appealed is if the reciever of the ban felt it was given in injustice, which it wasn't. Now, I have sympathy for Kwaurtz, I do, if he was only banned for say, a year, i'd agree to give him another chance. But that is not the case, he was permanently banned, and therefor should NOT be un-banned. This whole 'give him another chance' thing doesn't fly with me, he's had plenty of chances, and plenty of times he's claimed to change. Nothing has happened. From my personal experience with communities, I have found that people who troll, are going to troll, people who WANT power, are going to find some way to it, regardless of how hard on him we are. I've had good friends, turn on my because they had 'changed' but eventually fell back down to their old level when they got comfortable.

I'm sorry Kwuartz, but i'm going to have to say no. CG needs to stand by it's perma-bans.

(Oh, Caesar, the majority of people we perma-ban DO come running back after a while, and asked to be unbanned, Kwuartz doesn't have the balls you think, in fact, NO body on here does, it's the internet. Not a testicular mass contest)

Offline matthew

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 04:48:17 PM »

Kwaurtz was banned multiple times, and the last one was PERMA because of the multiple infractions.
The entire point of a perma ban is so that it is PERMANENT. Pretty straight forward, the only reason this ban should ever be appealed is if the reciever of the ban felt it was given in injustice, which it wasn't. Now, I have sympathy for Kwaurtz, I do, if he was only banned for say, a year, i'd agree to give him another chance. But that is not the case, he was permanently banned, and therefor should NOT be un-banned. This whole 'give him another chance' thing doesn't fly with me, he's had plenty of chances, and plenty of times he's claimed to change. Nothing has happened. From my personal experience with communities, I have found that people who troll, are going to troll, people who WANT power, are going to find some way to it, regardless of how hard on him we are. I've had good friends, turn on my because they had 'changed' but eventually fell back down to their old level when they got comfortable.

I'm sorry Kwuartz, but i'm going to have to say no. CG needs to stand by it's perma-bans.

(Oh, Caesar, the majority of people we perma-ban DO come running back after a while, and asked to be unbanned, Kwuartz doesn't have the balls you think, in fact, NO body on here does, it's the internet. Not a testicular mass contest)

perfect

Offline El-Kwaurtzo

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 05:00:40 PM »

I was never banned multiple times. You're pulling facts out of the void on this one. I've been removed from admin before, but never was I banned. I went straight to permaban, so as far as bans are concerned, there wasn't multiple chances, this would be the first redemption from a ban. As for power, if you would read, I'm not here to run for admin, I'm here to play games with people I know. I sat on vent the past two days and I played some games with some of the guys there, I even reinstalled killing floor because someone on vent had asked me to. Sure, I've said I've changed in the past, but I wasn't previously exiled for a couple of months, I was merely removed or had resigned from admin.

So please, if you are going to come and argue against my appeal, do not pull some random fact or statistic from the nether. I was never banned, this was the first time.

And for a point of clairification, Caesar has been gaming with me for a while on Heroes of Newerth, if anyone could vouch for my new attitude towards things, it would be him.

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 05:37:11 PM »

I was never banned multiple times. You're pulling facts out of the void on this one. I've been removed from admin before, but never was I banned. I went straight to permaban, so as far as bans are concerned, there wasn't multiple chances, this would be the first redemption from a ban. As for power, if you would read, I'm not here to run for admin, I'm here to play games with people I know. I sat on vent the past two days and I played some games with some of the guys there, I even reinstalled killing floor because someone on vent had asked me to. Sure, I've said I've changed in the past, but I wasn't previously exiled for a couple of months, I was merely removed or had resigned from admin.

So please, if you are going to come and argue against my appeal, do not pull some random fact or statistic from the nether. I was never banned, this was the first time.

And for a point of clairification, Caesar has been gaming with me for a while on Heroes of Newerth, if anyone could vouch for my new attitude towards things, it would be him.

I didn't pull it out of void, many people have said you have been banned multiple times, many different people on different occasions. And if that didn't happen, i'm sorry, I was ill informed. The thing about power wasn't that you were here for power, but that people tend to go back to their old ways even after change. Rarely does a person actually change, and when I say rarely, I mean almost never, especially since this is the internet. The majority of the time, people just put on their mask and pretend to be different until people are comfortable with them, then they take the mask off.

Just because your attitude is different doesn't mean you are, it also doesn't mean that you will stay in that attitude.

My point is, in short, unless the ban was unjustly given, it should remain, since it was a permanent ban, meaning you will never be un-banned. Nothing is stopping you from playing with CG members, but as far as using our servers, and using our ventrilo, you SHOULD be banned from that due to past events. Just because you have changed doesn't mean you didn't do the things you did in the past, they're still there, and still count.

Personally, I have nothing against you Kwaurtz, we bucked heads every now and then, but I could care less if you were here. But I am a strong believer in consistency, and following a set out structure. If we can't even keep a ban on a single person when they come back and claim to have changed, what reason did we ban them for in the first place?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 05:37:11 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Pyro: happy birthday Tyber
    July 14, 2024, 01:55:16 PM
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal