Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Intelligence/Wisdom/Idk?  (Read 3758 times)

Offline Pillz

Intelligence/Wisdom/Idk?
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:27:13 PM »
I'm not really sure what a good title would be..

I'll just start writing.

People are simply a collective of their experiences, their experiences affect what they know, how they act, how not to act, who to trust, how to drive, how to play games, how to- Yeah.

So, our intelligence, is a result of our experiences also. For example, I believe my 10-12 years of being on adderal, coming home from school and being able to stare at the wall for hours on end, just sitting there, thinking. Other people have other reasons, but then you come across people who tell you they're smart, and other people think they're smart, yet you don't think so. Usually this is result of a negative disposition or something, but mainly because you don't fully understand them. This probably sounds hypocritical of me, it's a recent thought development though.. but recently I was thinking, perhaps we're all our own kind of intelligent.

Like I said, we're a collective of our experiences, we work with and get along with people who've had similar experiences. For example, the rich dislike the poor, and like the rich. The poor dislike the rich, and hang out with the poor. Yeah that's a big derp, but it's a valid example. Regardless, so you can only know, what you know. People often revere others as stupid, because they didn't know something they did. That just fucking happens. Once you learn it, you know it. You're good, you can't help you didn't know it before.

You learn every day and as life goes on, your wisdom grows more and more. I'm starting to wonder if wisdom is all that matters. I used to just assume everyone knew this and that, street smarts, but not everyone has high intelligence. This is still true, with really dumb people, but usually, we only assume people we don't really know to be dumb. If you sat down and talked with them for a while, your opinion might change. You can only see intelligence in someone if you're looking for it, if you hate them, you probably will assume their really an idiot, etc.

Everyone is different, and we get mad when people believe completely different things, seemingly incorrect things. Kind of like how other cultures have different rights and wrongs, we're very diverse across the world these days and we have to be more tolerant.. and I know this probably sounds weird coming from me, since I'm usually so blunt here, but I am IRL, I just come off as friendly and funny in person, not angry and mean, so you can take it easier and I'm understanding, and never come off like I want to fight, you know? Anyway, yeah. I think this is enough.

OPINIONS? THOUGHTS? I've been pondering on this whole thing for a while, and just wanted to throw it up somewhere. Yeah it's kinda a common sense thing, but compared to I WAS BORN TO BE THIS WAY, it's a fucking revolution, so yeah. DISCUSS.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline crypto

Re: Intelligence/Wisdom/Idk?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:37:51 AM »
I had a whole fucking response typed up and I lost it.

But basically, yeah, I agree that the wisdom you get from experience—you can't get it from anything else and it's priceless.

I don't know about innate intelligence. I used to be pretty indiscriminate about it, but I think I've actually gotten more conscious of differences in the IQs of the people around me and I feel like I've gotten less tolerant which I guess doesn't make sense.

Idk.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:37:51 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:43:57 AM »
I had a whole fucking response typed up and I lost it.

But basically, yeah, I agree that the wisdom you get from experience—you can't get it from anything else and it's priceless.

I don't know about innate intelligence. I used to be pretty indiscriminate about it, but I think I've actually gotten more conscious of differences in the IQs of the people around me and I feel like I've gotten less tolerant which I guess doesn't make sense.

Idk.

Well come seventh grade, I took a test and was told my IQ was 138, and I took two more unofficials that said 140 and shit, so I just assumed I was smarter than everyone, given the average is 100. That was six years ago.. I was always an arrogant dickhead after that, I mean I always was told I was smart and felt smart, blah blah. I would sit on wikipedia and read about black holes, time travel, string theory, etc. I was always more witty and smart than people so I would just be a dick and make people feel stupid, I mean it was always in jest, but I did make a girl cry once, because her IQ came out to 101, and she took a few online ones and had to try 4 times to get over 120. I bashed her for an hour convincing her she was stupid and apparently it made her cry. Now I just feel really bad for being an asshole. I don't like how I treated people I cared about and shit.

So up until the past year or two, I started feeling more open to other people, and became more and more tolerant. Maybe it's because I started smoking weed, but now it just irritates me when people think they're smarter than other people and come off on you like you're dumb. I had this one chick at work who thought I was an idiot because I always act like one because I fucking know how to be funny, and I was like bitch your the only one using a calculator, but yeah.

I just think everyone deserves to be treated equally, like the golden rule says. I don't like it when people treat me like shit, and I rarely ever treat anyone like shit, I try to be kind as possible, I don't know everything. I expect other people to know things I don't, just as I know some things others don't. WE JUST ALL HAS TO WORK TOGETHER AND ONE DAY KNOW EVERYTHING.

TLDR
The main point I think, was that everyone has a different kind of intelligence. They were raised different, so your idea of intelligent, yourself, or perhaps a role model, is completely different from theirs. Like Finnie. I'm sure he's a really intelligent guy, there's just a language barrier, so to us, he sounds dumb, and if we spoke (I want to fucking say finnish, but it's dutch), we'd sound fucking stupider. I thought the same about Jorgen too but I understand he's a rather intelligent person. It works the same way for other humans, you just have to get to know them and understand them, and as long as you remain hostile, you won't be able to see their knowledge. You're too busy denying it exists..

Offline Boxman

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 02:03:07 AM »
I used to be pretty indiscriminate about it, but I think I've actually gotten more conscious of differences in the IQs of the people around me and I feel like I've gotten less tolerant which I guess doesn't make sense.

To be fair, your IQ is nothing more than a number...

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Pillz

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:06:27 AM »
I used to be pretty indiscriminate about it, but I think I've actually gotten more conscious of differences in the IQs of the people around me and I feel like I've gotten less tolerant which I guess doesn't make sense.

So is your weight/age/speed/moneyinwallet/penis size/etc

Offline Boxman

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 02:17:27 AM »

That's the point. It's nothing more than a representation of what might or might not make you happy... It's just a number. It changes NOTHING.

You score below average on an IQ test? You're displeased, but you are constantly learning. You're overweight? Oh well, just make life adjustments. Penis small? Oh well, I'm sure it's enough to please a woman. You as old as Cadaver? Do not worry, you'll live forever at THAT age. It's guaranteed.

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 02:57:18 AM »

That's the point. It's nothing more than a representation of what might or might not make you happy... It's just a number. It changes NOTHING.

It's a little bit more than that. It changes nothing as it is, but if you're IQ changes, same with your weight, your life changes. You might encounter different things. For example, with a higher IQ, perhaps think differently, faster, etc, and with weight, attract more girls maybe, repel girls, heart attack, bad cholestoral, bad health in general.

It isn't JUST a number. Just like your heart rate, if your heart rate is 5, or fucking 500, for whatever reason, it's no longer JUST A NUMBER. It never was.

But you can look at it like that if you want, I guess.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 03:27:01 AM »
IQ is the measurement of ones knowledge on information that some consider useful.
Some of it in my opinion Is. Not all.

Regardless it's not really intelligence, it's just a test for common(I say this lightly) Knowledge.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Boxman

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 03:27:36 AM »
It's a little bit more than that. It changes nothing as it is, but if you're IQ changes, same with your weight, your life changes. You might encounter different things. For example, with a higher IQ, perhaps think differently, faster, etc, and with weight, attract more girls maybe, repel girls, heart attack, bad cholestoral, bad health in general.

It isn't JUST a number. Just like your heart rate, if your heart rate is 5, or fucking 500, for whatever reason, it's no longer JUST A NUMBER. It never was.

That wasn't what I was referring to. I referring to the numbers ability to change over time. In that sense, it is just a number. Whether it has an emotional impact on you is irrelevant. My IQ is above average but it's not as if I spot things that others don't. The only thing it changes is my anxiety as it further complicates it. Your life isn't going to turn upside down because you scored 160 on an IQ test...

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »

That wasn't what I was referring to. I referring to the numbers ability to change over time. In that sense, it is just a number. Whether it has an emotional impact on you is irrelevant. My IQ is above average but it's not as if I spot things that others don't. The only thing it changes is my anxiety as it further complicates it. Your life isn't going to turn upside down because you scored 160 on an IQ test...

Well that's not exactly what I'm getting at, I believe it does change things, not drastically, but every single little insignificant thing in everyone's life, affects them somehow. IQ doesn't mean you're better than everyone else, and thinking so is counterproductive. Whilest I brag of my intelligence, I don't knock people down anymore for being "dumber" because like I said before, we all had different experiences, and they're going to know things I don't know, and vice versa. All we can do is help each other out and try to figure IT OUT TOGETHER. I dunno.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 12:57:30 PM »

Well that's not exactly what I'm getting at, I believe it does change things, not drastically, but every single little insignificant thing in everyone's life, affects them somehow. IQ doesn't mean you're better than everyone else, and thinking so is counterproductive. Whilest I brag of my intelligence, I don't knock people down anymore for being "dumber" because like I said before, we all had different experiences, and they're going to know things I don't know, and vice versa. All we can do is help each other out and try to figure IT OUT TOGETHER. I dunno.
thing is an IQ test can be majorly flawed when it comes to theese savants, by that I mean some people actually just excell at one point and at that point they are extremely good, mainly the best ones in that area actually. They get a shit ass IQ score due to them being not that good at anything else.
They are also quite flawed when it comes to just how litle of the IQ test will really come in to play any other place.
I know some1 who does terriblein IQ tests yet he gets very good grades.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 01:06:58 PM »

thing is an IQ test can be majorly flawed when it comes to theese savants, by that I mean some people actually just excell at one point and at that point they are extremely good, mainly the best ones in that area actually. They get a shit ass IQ score due to them being not that good at anything else.
They are also quite flawed when it comes to just how litle of the IQ test will really come in to play any other place.

As I said before, grades aren't a reflection of your intelligence, it's a reflection of your ability to do what you're asked to do. If you can hear, read and write, you have the potential to make A's. Like there was a seriously, dumb, kid, and he had autism or something, but he was in our classes, his jokes never made sense, he never made sense, and he'd always try to insult you with some lame ass insult. Then if you made fun of him, he'd snarl at you like it's supposed to be scary. He made A's. Because he went home, and sat in his room, and did his work.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 01:31:29 PM »

As I said before, grades aren't a reflection of your intelligence, it's a reflection of your ability to do what you're asked to do. If you can hear, read and write, you have the potential to make A's. Like there was a seriously, dumb, kid, and he had autism or something, but he was in our classes, his jokes never made sense, he never made sense, and he'd always try to insult you with some lame ass insult. Then if you made fun of him, he'd snarl at you like it's supposed to be scary. He made A's. Because he went home, and sat in his room, and did his work.
I am sorry to want to laugh now, but that is different because that is probly not higher up classes. When it comes to advanced mathematics and advanced chemistry you won't do well unless you are rather smart. Your logic is basically a guy geting a physics degree is not smart he just has nothing to do with his time?

Offline Pillz

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 02:18:03 PM »

I am sorry to want to laugh now, but that is different because that is probly not higher up classes. When it comes to advanced mathematics and advanced chemistry you won't do well unless you are rather smart. Your logic is basically a guy geting a physics degree is not smart he just has nothing to do with his time?

Woah, woah woah, that's something completely different. I agree though, I was talking everything high school and below. I was taking "honor" and college level classes at first, but once I stopped giving a fuck, my grades started to slip. The point being, I'm smart, but I made terrible grades. Surely it can work the other way, I've seen it happen. BUT my classes weren't advanced anymore after about 10th grade.

I started taking the very basic classes and was always just the smartest kid in the class, which was funner, when in my AP classes there'd be 5-7 people of rivaling intellect, it was fun in those classes though. Especially in writing, Me, Spencer and Caleb always competed to make the most amazing and epic stories, and our teacher would read them to the class and they'd judge. 

So basically, I stayed the fuck away from classes like that to create the easiest experience possible. I STILL don't know what I want to do with my life. When I know, I'll build my curriculum in college to suit me, so I can be something worth being.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
Regardless, at the beginning of the year, you don't know trigonometry, by the end of the year, you should. It's a learning process, and while the more intelligent may catch on faster, if someone wants an A, they will study till there isn't a doubt in their mind they're getting an A.

I have a friend who was taking all college level classes and shit, but she was a complete retard. I had to sit through a lunch period once, listening to her say how she's schizo, now she claims she was lying, etc. She's really, a dumb bitch. Her mom, is a dumb bitch, her dad, doesn't exist. She has problems, she's dumb, but she does well in school, and breaks down crying when she doesnt do good enough.

But I can't judge her, she knows more than I do, she reads a hell of a lot more, so she probably knows more. Yet she was terrible at math, predicting shit, analyzing shit, and other things. Blah.

It's relevant because she once called me stupid for having bad grades. We stopped talking after I replied.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal