Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Origin of Life  (Read 11974 times)

Offline Patty Cakes

Re: Origin of Life
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »
AH Headache! :p  I just totally spaced out.  :o

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 11:56:24 PM »
Sorry about that. :D

But, I'm still don't completely understand how fusing hydrogen atoms can form life.
It is the fact that when Hydrogen gets fused it makes Helium Helium fuses on, until carbon is created.
Carbon makes a conection to Hydrogen, and makes basic Carbonhydrogen molecules, that in terms become larger more advanced carbonhydrogen molecules involving NH2 which makes it an AMIN, and a COOH making it an acid, an aminoacid. From there it can take many routes and so forth.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 11:56:24 PM »

Offline myLord

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011, 01:11:14 AM »
Jorgen, you said that theoretically amino acids can come together to form proteins.  After that, how is DNA created and how is the human body formed?

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »
Bacteria first, then multicellular organisms =)
aye Amino acids are the corner stone in DNA, Cytosin, Guanin, Tymin and Adenin in RNA you change Guanin with Urasil and after that it gets back to guanin when it changes back into a DNA strain =)

DNA also consists of sugar and Phospore, which is easy to come by when you have lots of early carbonhydrogen molecules (sugar that is) =)
From there you see my first statement, bacteria sorta "ate" other bacteria gaining their strains and so forth gaining whatever that other bacteria had going for it.
until one forms a multicellular organisms (not quite sure what they are called in english but yeah) then it made really simple creatures after A LONG LONG LONG time, like trillobites (or what they are called in english) =)
eventually things started getting more complicated, according to Darwin they mated with the creatures of their species that had feats they wish the specie could gain, because it would be benefactory.
After a while probly something happened with the water or something (it might've soured or got contaminated in another way, maybe large quantities of CO2 got into the water making H2CO3 i don't really have all the facts straigths so I couldn't know =)), and the specie found it benefactory to mate on mutations that were closer to land based breathing and so forth  =P

Offline Holy

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 03:17:59 PM »
Jorgen, read up on this: http://www.sciencecodex.com/lost_millerurey_experiment_created_more_of_lifes_building_blocks

Stanley Miller had an experiment to product simple amino acids with his experiments, but he was not happy with his results. If it is that hard for Miller (after 3 different attempts) to make amino acids in perfect lab conditions, it is highly unlikely for amino acids to form in nature. Also, considering the complexity of a strand of DNA (which you should know is no simple thing to make) I assume, out of probability, that the likelihood of DNA strands forming in nature is slim to none.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »
Did I ever say it was a likely thing to happen?
It is just the way it can be explained, but hell the prehistoric earth is way different than Stanley Millers lab, maybe the prehistoric earth conditions were perfect not his?
An earth where violent thunderstorms roared, lava always poured over, CO2 WAS IN LARGE quantities. The magnetosphere was not yet fully made, so many conditions that are not there in his studies.
Lots of free atoms not yet bounded everywhere =) all the things that were there, asteroids crashed into the earth making a MASSIVE surge of energy, a earth under constant bombardment, then rapidly it went into a ice age, cold molecules create short time Dipols some of which are needed for some of the carbonhydrogen molecoules to be made.
It is all so different from a sterile lab =)
I am not saying it is very bloody likely I am just saying we can't remake the prehistoric earth atleast not yet.

Offline Holy

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 03:39:42 PM »
I see you stance and agree that one day science will be able to do some pretty mind blowing things. I just cannot fathom the idea of such events happening in nature to create life, that's all.

Offline crypto

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2011, 01:31:07 AM »
as community leader i confirm the truth of everything crypto has said in this thread

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2011, 08:32:52 AM »
but but you are company leader D=

Offline Pillz

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2011, 10:19:34 PM »
Who's crypto? I only know about ****gots
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Tictactoe360

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2011, 12:30:49 AM »
I Don't understand why people keep arguing about these things (Origin of Life,God,Evolution) It servers no purpose, If your lucky you have maybe 70 years to live are you really going to spend your life trying to prove that the big bang really happened or that there is a god. I could never figure out why people keep bringing this topic up What happens if one side managed to prove what they believe (By the way no ones going to prove either belief fully) nothing people well keep believing in their god(s). I say give up on trying to figure out these things, If you spend your entire life trying to find out how the everything got here you are never going to see anything here.

Also About the size of Mickey Rooney

Skieski

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2011, 01:28:18 AM »
I think there was a god because I don't understand how any of this could happen without intelligent design. It seems we were all programmed in a way, not just a bunch of cells somehow creating life.

You are stating that a formed intelligence was necessary to create intelligent lifeforms. For the existence of complex creatures, an invariably more complex "creature", in this case God, was needed.

The argument shoots itself in the foot, as Richard Dawkins stated. Following your line of logic, an even more complex creature would be required to create God. And so forth and so forth.

Please, DO NOT justify yourself by stating "God has always existed. God is timeless". Just don't.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2011, 08:35:10 AM »
I Don't understand why people keep arguing about these things (Origin of Life,God,Evolution) It servers no purpose, If your lucky you have maybe 70 years to live are you really going to spend your life trying to prove that the big bang really happened or that there is a god. I could never figure out why people keep bringing this topic up What happens if one side managed to prove what they believe (By the way no ones going to prove either belief fully) nothing people well keep believing in their god(s). I say give up on trying to figure out these things, If you spend your entire life trying to find out how the everything got here you are never going to see anything here.

Also About the size of Mickey Rooney

It is called scientific curiousity if you do not understand it kindly GTFO =P How can I be interested you ask, well fact is I guess I am wired that way. People will never be the same had no one been like us and been curious at this level we'd be no more than animals...

Offline Holy

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2011, 02:00:06 PM »
Please, DO NOT justify yourself by stating "God has always existed. God is timeless". Just don't.

Christians live by the bible, the bible says he is omnipresent. It isn't a justification, it is what He is. To say a mortal made everything is quite silly. Telling Christians to not say what they believe doesn't make things easier.

We are arguing because this is a debate forum. The advancement of the human race serves no purpose? I'm sure past prodigies who invented air condition, vehicles, the internet (which you are using right now) would laugh. Thanks to other people devoting their life to something future generations may live on. The origin of life is an interesting topic. Deep down it's only natural to want to know more. Also, you stating a general assumption that because someone like me, who ponders about where it all happened, takes life for granted. You are dead wrong. I enjoy my life.

Offline Ghast

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »
I like the ambiguity.

But if anything, it had to be an unnatural series of events. I'm leaning more towards the Big Bang rather than the God stuff.
[ZE] Pfc =☆ q-bert™☆=: Ghast from minecraft
Ghast: fuck you q bert

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal