Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 47908 times)

U MAD???

Re: Religion Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2010, 05:45:05 PM »
Generalizations are sometimes correct. For example, saying all black people have the greasiest hair when not washed for a day. That is an actual true statement as well as a generalization. To compare generalizing to stupid is a generalization in itself.

If you compare discussing in a debate thread forcing something on someone then tell that to the Jewish people enslaved in ancient Egypt for thousands of years. That is forcing something on someone. Words and no more than words. Turning the other cheek refers to not seeking out vengeance to whomever it may concern. Debating with words has nothing to do with violence of and offense of the sort.

Why the rush to end this thread? If you don't wish to see it that much you don't have to keep coming back. It's your option to click the link.

I just came in my pants. What a racist comment. LOL
lol i showed it to my black friends and they want to hurt u but they cant work a computer LOL

Offline crypto

« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
the close-mindedness occurs if it is insisted that there cannot be gods, and that this can be proven.  that in itself simply cannot be proven, unless you are completely closed to the possibility from the start.
It isn't close minded to disbelieve something that you have no reason to believe in the first place. It's simply common sense.

If atheism were open-minded, from either perspective, it would be uncaring whether gods existed or not.  Though science, it is neither provable nor disprovable, since any God would be above worldly limitations.  through theology we see that god is only perceptible through divine relvelation, which if you don't believe in these powers will not make sense to you anyways.  Thus, another stalemate.
Open-mindedness to an idea and tolerance of an unprovable idea are not the same thing. Tolerating an unprovable idea—an idea you have no reason to believe in the first place—is allowing people to fall prey to an idiotic delusion. There's no such thing as close-mindedness to something that is not possible.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »
the close-mindedness occurs if it is insisted that there cannot be gods, and that this can be proven.  that in itself simply cannot be proven, unless you are completely closed to the possibility from the start.
It isn't close minded to disbelieve something that you have no reason to believe in the first place. It's simply common sense.

If atheism were open-minded, from either perspective, it would be uncaring whether gods existed or not.  Though science, it is neither provable nor disprovable, since any God would be above worldly limitations.  through theology we see that god is only perceptible through divine relvelation, which if you don't believe in these powers will not make sense to you anyways.  Thus, another stalemate.
Open-mindedness to an idea and tolerance of an unprovable idea are not the same thing. Tolerating an unprovable idea—an idea you have no reason to believe in the first place—is allowing people to fall prey to an idiotic delusion. There's no such thing as close-mindedness to something that is not possible.

1.  Now we see the beast emerge.  You have a choice to make, to believe or not.  there's no reason to involve reason.  Don't look at religion expecting to disprove it on some other field of study.  that's not valid.  Again, common sense? common sense for CRYPTO.  common sense is different across all fields of culture, and so is reason for that matter.  Common sense and reason are not constants in this world, no matter how much we'd like them to be, and aren't effective or justified tools of arguement.  it makes you sound naive.

2.  They are the same thing.  You can't truly tolerate something you don't leave open the possibility of truth to.  If you don't give it a chance of being true, you don't tolerate it, you are a bigot. 

that last sentence just digs your hole deeper.

did you even READ my statements.  higher powers, while not provable, also aren't DISPROVABLE.  there is NO evidence that god DOESN'T EXIST!!! you're just proving your close-mindedness/bigotry further.

Skieski

« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2010, 07:48:20 PM »
Dirty, did you just state that reason is not a justified tool of argumentation?

If so, then what are we left with, to argument?

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »
Dirty, did you just state that reason is not a justified tool of argumentation?

If so, then what are we left with, to argument?

I stated its not a justified tool of argument when dealing with theology, as that is what this thread is about.  there are many, MANY places where reason is fine and dandy.

So then, you are left to argue religion on religion's terms, which can neither prove nor disprove itself.

Thus, it comes down to personal choice, which isn't debatable in the first place.

Offline crypto

« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2010, 08:41:05 PM »
did you even READ my statements.  higher powers, while not provable, also aren't DISPROVABLE.  there is NO evidence that god DOESN'T EXIST!!! you're just proving your close-mindedness/bigotry further.
There's no evidence that any imaginary entity does not exist. That doesn't mean you should believe in those entities. Belief in the unprovable is irrational. Rejection of the irrational is not close minded.

Offline Bjork

« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2010, 08:47:45 PM »
Uhm this is starting to repeat itself - Person 1 :There is no proof God does not exist!
                                                          Person 2 : No proof he does exist!

But..
I do agree with crypto about it not being closed minded not beliving in God. And as Holy said (In a rather jerkish way) death will be the only way we shall ever know and since if we are dead we cant communicate with the living (unless you belive in ghosts etc)

And lately I have been thinking about how wise Buddisim is.  :-\
(=CG=) Bjork! : Its an old cat aswell so its gonna look like a war vet
(=CG=) Bjork! : It also has a beard
Maurice Moss   : How old is it?
Maurice Moss   : Wait a BEARD?

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2010, 09:04:12 PM »
y'all know that this is the question

Tell me your thought´s on the matter!

Necessary? Good, bad? Expand!

right?

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
Close mindedness varies from person to person. Saying all atheists are close minded is like saying all black people eat KFC.

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2010, 09:13:35 PM »
So... now this thread is about generalization?
Can you guys please stop arguing? There's no real point in arguing over such strong matters, each side is just too stubborn to be persuaded otherwise.
Just agree to disagree, we'll all die one day anyway, so who really cares who's right or not.

kthxbai,loveulongtiem<3xoxoxo.
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

U MAD???

« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2010, 02:13:12 AM »
Can you guys please stop arguing? There's no real point in arguing over such strong matters, each side is just too stubborn to be persuaded otherwise.
Just agree to disagree, we'll all die one day anyway, so who really cares who's right or not.

its not an argument its a debate

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2010, 02:26:58 AM »
There's no evidence that any imaginary entity does not exist. That doesn't mean you should believe in those entities. Belief in the unprovable is irrational. Rejection of the irrational is not close minded.

Again, irrational to whom? to you? believing in a higher entity sounds pretty rational to me, I'm not going to cit my reasons as more flames will erupt from your bigotry.

You can't argue with rationality on its own when dealing with religion because RATIONALITY IS NOT CONSTANT!!!!  Different things are rational to different peoples.  You need to accept this and come to terms with the fact that while you choose not to believe in a god, it isn't a bad thing that others choose to do so!!!

Rationality is a circle argument when dealing with religion, and its not going to take you and your now clearly bigoted point of view anywhere.

its not an argument its a debate

and yes, unfortunately this is turning into an arguement razor, it wasn't one at first, but when you start to become "irrational" ( discofrog ) it turns into one, and I would like to see well-thought-out debate continue.  Otherwise, I'd like this thread locked at the next un-thought-out statement. 

I respect you as a person crypto, but your posts in this thread are starting to get ridiculous. I don't hate you, I really don't.  I enjoy playing with you and even debating with you earlier.  But now you're just starting to become protectionist for its own sake, which you were accusing others of doing earlier in the thread.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:31:56 AM by dirtylaundry022 »

Offline Holy

« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2010, 05:31:50 AM »
Generalizations are sometimes correct. For example, saying all black people have the greasiest hair when not washed for a day. That is an actual true statement as well as a generalization. To compare generalizing to stupid is a generalization in itself.

If you compare discussing in a debate thread forcing something on someone then tell that to the Jewish people enslaved in ancient Egypt for thousands of years. That is forcing something on someone. Words and no more than words. Turning the other cheek refers to not seeking out vengeance to whomever it may concern. Debating with words has nothing to do with violence of and offense of the sort.

Why the rush to end this thread? If you don't wish to see it that much you don't have to keep coming back. It's your option to click the link.

I just came in my pants. What a racist comment. LOL

Actually that isn't racist at all. Racism is hatred to another race. Races have obvious differences, I am simply point out a racial difference. It's called fact. Now if said all black people are nig nags (you know the word) who would be shot and killed then I would be racist.

lol i showed it to my black friends and they want to hurt u but they cant work a computer LOL

Oh no, assault over the computer... black people act like such victims when:
1) Black people sold black slaves to white man.
2) The confederate flag was only hung for 4 years during slavery, the remainer of the 100-200 years had the united states flag.
3) They act as if being slaves for 200 years is oppression. In reality they have no room to complain compared to the jews who were enslaved thousands of years, built the pyramids, and were murdered in WWII. But nope, picking cotton for 200 years is such a horrible thing.
4) Most black people alive who complain about black oppression didn't even experience it. There are those alive who have, they have the right to be upset, however, the younger generation needs to move on instead of smoking pot and dwelling on hatred from a time which they never experienced.

Tell them to go cry more. parrot "ya hurd me?" lol... so dumb.

anyway back on track:

Well actually if you die one day and you are wrong about God and suffer the consequence I do believe you will care. I think it's way to risky to not believe in God personally. Eternal suffering doesn't sound to appealing.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:33:58 AM by Holy »

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2010, 08:18:19 AM »
then by that logic isn't it way to risky not to believe in everything? lol

the question is still not prove god existance or prove science, the thing we should do is talk about what we think of religion. 

Offline Holy

« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2010, 04:08:33 PM »
then by that logic isn't it way to risky not to believe in everything? lol

the question is still not prove god existance or prove science, the thing we should do is talk about what we think of religion.

Like it's been said before, it's not possible to explain God through science so it really is a circle argument which will never be satisfied. I agree about returning to opinions.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2010, 04:08:33 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal