Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On Strike until Zombie Master Has a Head Admin  (Read 7238 times)

Offline Leetgrain

Re: On Strike until Zombie Master Has a Head Admin
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »
Well, we'll see what happens wont we.

Why are you acting like that when they're actually in need of something? ZM needs to get things done that are broken, and the only person who's got access to it is either: A. Too lazy to do it or B. Too busy, so having a HA would could out the middle man, let the Zombos get their server fixed - thus more players and more good things happening, and would easily let said CL get onto more pressing matters if it is indeed the latter of options.

And the ZM admins are more than capable of being Veteran/HA, they can fix it, you can get back to whatever you're doing, and the CL's can get back to keeping the community running, from what I gather it'd only take a few minutes or so to do - nothing end of the world, and would get a lot of hassle out of the way, so it should be done ASAP so that we can all go about our merry business.

EDIT: Old Crow Posted, here's what he said in case qq 4 clicky page
Spoiler for Hidden:
ZM has deserved an HA since at least May, but progress has been glacial.

I was waiting for the other CL's to add something to this, but nothing has been said so I will add my thoughts to the discussion.

I've talked to all of the ZM admins about this process for the past three months but I can only do so much, for I am not a dictator and cannot overstep my boundaries. I've already told the other CL's who I would think is best for HA and have recommended moving forward, but again I can only do so much.

Gustav, Chris actually was a Vet before his first resignation. Otter is also already a Vet, so that is a moot point. However, as Death pointed out, under certain special circumstances the CL's can appoint somebody an HA if they are qualified for the position and the server in question needs an HA.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Pyro

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
Gustav, what you're basically saying is that we should leave ZM without a proper leader while there are people who are more than qualified for the job.

We know that Chris is a regular but look at his past. He's a regular on paper, but I think most of the people in CG would say he's capable.

Serious business requires serious action and not every little rule and guideline can be followed since it came this far, where people will give up their only source of bread to keep the factory workers family alive. Oh, the sickening toxic factory gasses make all workers sick. Look at tictac, he's a madman, why? because he works in that factory every night and day.

To make a long story short. We need cleaner factories, a janitor could help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »

Ðeath.

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 07:55:39 PM »
Gustav, what you're basically saying is that we should leave ZM without a proper leader while there are people who are more than qualified for the job.

We know that Chris is a regular but look at his past. He's a regular on paper, but I think most of the people in CG would say he's capable.

Serious business requires serious action and not every little rule and guideline can be followed since it came this far, where people will give up their only source of bread to keep the factory workers family alive. Oh, the sickening toxic factory gasses make all workers sick. Look at tictac, he's a madman, why? because he works in that factory every night and day.

To make a long story short. We need cleaner factories, a janitor could help.

On paper it still says Chris is a Vet, in the ZPS Admin List. Not much to look at, but it was last updated after be got admin, so..

Offline Sammy

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 05:43:40 AM »

I was waiting for the other CL's to add something to this, but nothing has been said so I will add my thoughts to the discussion.

I've talked to all of the ZM admins about this process for the past three months but I can only do so much, for I am not a dictator and cannot overstep my boundaries. I've already told the other CL's who I would think is best for HA and have recommended moving forward, but again I can only do so much.

Gustav, Chris actually was a Vet before his first resignation. Otter is also already a Vet, so that is a moot point. However, as Death pointed out, under certain special circumstances the CL's can appoint somebody an HA if they are qualified for the position and the server in question needs an HA.

With all due respect Crow, I know this is a jointly run community, but this went far beyond a joke several months ago. Regardless of how many there are I fail to see how it can take you up to eight months to get a new HA. Let alone when you yourself told me about your talks with other CL's about appointing a potential new HA a few months ago. The whole ordeal has been a complete time wasting session on the leaders side. I fail to see how it can take eight months to message the CL's, or get them in vent to come to a conclusion. It's not like we're running for president or anything!

Long story short, there really isn't a decent excuse for the length of time it's taken to get a HA, and finally, a response to one of the many threads by a CL! Just make a decision and do it for christ sakes! I feel sorry for Chris, Otter and Co.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Christovski

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »

So then, from this, my understanding is that Crow, you are trying to move forward with this, and the reason nothing is done yet is due to inaction on the part of Inject and Cadaver?

Just so we can be clear on where the roadblock is

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 03:50:30 PM »
Choo Choo

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 04:11:43 PM »
Boop bop bump da dump.

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Christovski

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 04:32:57 PM »
Ok well I'm assuming since noone else has bothered to let us know what's going on, that Old Crow wants to help, and the other CL's don't seem to have taken the time to care.  Or maybe too busy to care.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:40:39 PM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 11:29:47 PM »
Okay, its about time I put in my two cents on this. I know it seems like your plight is exclusive to ZM ,but it really isn't anything new. I had to deal with the same stuff on Minecraft and to an extent Saxton. Even if you do get an HA it won't make all your troubles disappear unless they are actually committed and are taught the technical end. My point is, it is hard to find a good HA for a server and even if you do there is no guarantee they will be interested in that server for any amount of time.

That said, I do think ZM should get an HA ,but you guys should try to be a little less pushy. The CLs aren't payed to run CG nor do they have to, you should try and cut them a break and see where good faith can get you.

Also Old Crow you should discuss this thread with the other CLs before throwing them under the bus like that.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 11:42:25 PM »

cut them a break and see where good faith can get you.

We've been running under good faith for the past  6 - 7 months and guess where that's gotten us?
Nowhere.

We understand that they're not paid to keep things going, but we expect at least some recognition of the problem. The fact that neither of them have even acknowledged these threads since their creations.

Yet have appeared on Vent and Steam several times. Going completely silent when the matter is brought up, tells me and everyone else that they just don't care.

We're not demanding results so much as we just want acknowledgement. We want them to show that their even looking into the problem and so far all I've seen is distractions to keep us off their backs while they continue to avoid the subject.

Though I will admit, I haven't seen Cadaver what so ever in quite some time so I'm not so much focused on him as he may be going through something at the moment.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2013, 11:48:06 PM »
We're not demanding results so much as we just want acknowledgement. We want them to show that they're even looking into the problem and so far all I've seen is distractions to keep us off their backs while they continue to avoid the subject.
This is really what it is about, we just want to know they actually intend to do something, so far we just get excuses and putting it off for even longer.

This has been put off for something like 6 months, how much longer should we have to wait for them to appoint an HA?

It's not that big of a deal, we just want to fix our server, all they have to do is give someone HA and access so we can get it fixed.

I mean its just an admin position, its not like voting who is going to be the president of CG, its just an HA position

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2013, 12:36:32 AM »
We're not demanding results so much as we just want acknowledgement. We want them to show that they're even looking into the problem and so far all I've seen is distractions to keep us off their backs while they continue to avoid the subject.
This is really what it is about, we just want to know they actually intend to do something, so far we just get excuses and putting it off for even longer.

This has been put off for something like 6 months, how much longer should we have to wait for them to appoint an HA?

It's not that big of a deal, we just want to fix our server, all they have to do is give someone HA and access so we can get it fixed.

I mean its just an admin position, its not like voting who is going to be the president of CG, its just an HA position
Did you bring up the server issues to people who do have access while you waited for an HA? HA is a high ranking position in CG that is nearly as high up as CL(at least for some HAs). So if there is no one that all the CLs feel is right for the job then they won't be voted in. Not saying I agree with CG's system ,but you have to try to see it from their perspective.

As for acknowledgement, I think we both know that if Inject posted anything in this thread that wasn't the name of ZM's next HA nothing would solved.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2013, 12:52:23 AM »
Oh Liam. I already sent a PM to the others. I love how I'm "throwing others under the bus" because I give my input. The ZM admins asked for some input, so I provided it. Did I give specifics? No. I merely stated what I could.

I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 01:15:08 AM »
Oh Liam. I already sent a PM to the others. I love how I'm "throwing others under the bus" because I give my input. The ZM admins asked for some input, so I provided it. Did I give specifics? No. I merely stated what I could.
Well sending a PM isn't really what I meant, unless you mean you had already discussed what you were going to post with them. Also the pretentious "Oh Liam" isn't really necessary, I was just suggesting that you should be mindful of your posts. I also never mentioned anything about your intentions.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 01:17:24 AM »
Did you bring up the server issues to people who do have access while you waited for an HA?

If you'd like I can send you copies of all the PMs that Sammeh, Tictac, Death, Otter, and I have sent Inject requesting things to be added and fixed that never happened.

Inject is/was the only one with server side access, sometimes he would do things if it was short but none of the plugins we wanted have been installed, most of the recent map adjustments havent been made, some people were even promoted on the forums and still are trial admins on the actual server because they were never given their proper status, and still can't ban anyone longer than a week.

I can go on, is what I'm saying.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 01:17:24 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal