Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On Strike until Zombie Master Has a Head Admin  (Read 7699 times)

Offline Sammy

Re: On Strike until Zombie Master Has a Head Admin
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 12:59:50 PM »
Been a day and a half, haven't heard a thing.

Got a hunch they either noticed and are trying to do something before saying anything... or they know but are intentionally ignoring... There's not a chance in hell they didn't notice the 4 posts. Just keep the thread alive and keep bumping... eventually something will happen.

(My guess is they will lock them)
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »
This is painful to read. If you're going to be like this, honestly you don't deserve to have a head admin. I understand you haven't got one and probably upset about it but to "go on strike" over it, over admin... seems a little bit sad. The more you bitch about it the less the cl's will care. As far as I'm aware, only veteran admins can eligibly become Head admin, and none of you except Otter/Sammeh are actually vets, and what's to say they'll know what they're doing as head admin anyway? I appreciate that you really really want a HA, but at the moment it's not exactly simple.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »
This is painful to read. If you're going to be like this, honestly you don't deserve to have a head admin.

Every server deserves a head admin. Making the server popular and fun to play on is the life blood of any gaming community.

Unless you are all Friends IRL it is up to the server to advertise your existence. If the server sux people equate that to the community sucking as well.

I thought Telco time was bad, but CG time is starting to creep up on valve time.

I will note however, that I do not completely agree with an open rant within a time away thread, but hey you are free to do what you will.

Best of luck and hopefully you can grab the attention of someone who will do something.

@Gustav
      Remember this...If no one ever says anything, nothing will ever change.

-Wooley
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Christovski

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 02:18:38 PM »
@Gustav
      Remember this...If no one ever says anything, nothing will ever change.
-Wooley

This is why Gustav, we've been PMing the CL's politely every few week for months, with next to zero progress (the only progress was over a month ago they finally asked us for nominations) so the next step is to openly voice our frustrations, and hope enough people notice that there is something wrong.  ZM has been largely ignored since the server went up, especially compared to the treatment our other servers get.  We've had broken maps stuck in our rotation for months. 

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 02:31:06 PM »
This is painful to read. If you're going to be like this, honestly you don't deserve to have a head admin. I understand you haven't got one and probably upset about it but to "go on strike" over it, over admin... seems a little bit sad. The more you bitch about it the less the cl's will care. As far as I'm aware, only veteran admins can eligibly become Head admin, and none of you except Otter/Sammeh are actually vets, and what's to say they'll know what they're doing as head admin anyway? I appreciate that you really really want a HA, but at the moment it's not exactly simple.

Here's the deal Gustav

You now work at a factory. Upon arriving you find that there's only a very limited number of employees, however you make do. Once you all get going the factory production sky rockets, and everything goes smoothly.

A few weeks in however you notice that equipment is starting to break down and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. However, you don't complain you can work around it for a bit, the managers will notice soon.

Two months pass and your production is plummeting so you decide it's time to bring it up with the manager.

The manager says "Don't worry about it, we've got spare equipment in the back, I'll go get it right now." and the manager leaves.

You think "Wow that was easy, he must really care about this factory."

Two Days pass

The manager never came back with the equipment and never said a word to you. But you don't get upset, maybe he forgot, you'll just go remind him.

So you go tell ask the manager and he tells you he forgot, but don't worry, he'll get it tomorrow.

One week passes

The manager still hasn't brought the equipment and it's now becoming impossible for anyone to get anything done in the factory.

So once again you head down to talk with the manager. He apologizes and says "Why don't you guys head down and pick up the equipment yourself."

You think "Well, that should fix the problem" and you and the rest of the factory staff head to the warehouse to pick up the equipment.

Upon arrival you find that the Warehouse is locked and there's no possible way in. So you head back to the manager in order to get the key from him.

However, once you get to him, you find he refuses to talk to you. Choosing to avoid all your questions on new equipment. You decide to leave letters where they can see him, leaving several letters in his company mail box. however, all of them go unanswered or even unread completely.

What do you do? Sit around and wait for a manager who obviously doesn't care? Or do you show that manager that if he won't provide you with the needed tools, then you're not going to try and do your job?

Zombie Master is our Factory, it's admins the Employees.

And from what I've seen, our managers give zero fucks about either their employees or their factory.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »
That's a pretty functional analogy there actually.  They do seem to give fucks about the TTT 'factory' at times but not ours, of course, their factory has a lot more workers and customers so I guess that might be part of it  :P

edit: can't talk about fight club

@Gustav: I was once Head Admin of ZPS here on CG, and Otter I believe has run servers in other communities, we know how to do the job.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:40:06 PM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 04:58:39 PM »
That's a pretty functional analogy there actually.  They do seem to give fucks about the TTT 'factory' at times but not ours, of course, their factory has a lot more workers and customers so I guess that might be part of it  :P

edit: can't talk about fight club

@Gustav: I was once Head Admin of ZPS here on CG, and Otter I believe has run servers in other communities, we know how to do the job.

I sent them all a PM to each of the threads. If there's no response from them by tomorrow (At noon) I'm putting in my resignation.

That'll be the 3rd day and if they refuse to acknowledge these threads by then, then I'm just done.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
Gustav, sorry man but I asked Crow DIRECTLY what was going on several months ago. He named who the cl's were planning to have take over and then I just left it at that. This was AFTER I persistently asked Inject which got me ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE.

Sorry but, if we don't complain in this fashion NOTHING will be done about it.

You clearly have little/no idea what the Zm admins have been through, and you claiming me, nor Otter have any idea what it means to be HA is just a joke. Hell im sure all of the admins know what it entrails, I can definitely say that for Chris.

"COME ON CL'S. STEP IT UP! -Sonic.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Dante

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 05:10:08 PM »
If you're going to be like this, honestly you don't deserve to have a head admin.
They have promised us a Head admin since day 1. We need head admins to keep the server functional. Banshee, one of the biggest people in ZM, left because we couldn't get the maps updated since we had no HA and the only CL with access wouldn't do anything. That hurt the population big time. We still have maps with nudity that a CL was suppose to change with a clean version. These threads mean "We need a Head Admin and deserve one, we have been patient for a long time but enough is enough, it needs to be done now."
I appreciate that you really really want a HA, but at the moment it's not exactly simple.
Christovski has previously been a HA, several CLs have said he is a good Candidate. Chris has experience and gone past Vet admin. Also: Not that simple? Sorry but it is that simple. I have ran servers, adding someone to one of the highest admin ranks is easy. 90% of the time you just need to put their Steam ID under HA/what ever rank. Hell if ZM were to finally get a Head Admin I would instantly reapply/beg for my rank back.

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 07:08:35 PM »
and you claiming me, nor Otter have any idea what it means to be HA is just a joke. Hell im sure all of the admins know what it entrails, I can definitely say that for Chris.

Claiming? did I claim? I didn't CLAIM that you had no idea what you were doing, I said what's to say they would know, and I said that because I didn't know any of you had experience with such power, and back over to my other point - Only veteran admins can ELIGIBLY step up for HA.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 07:24:16 PM »
and you claiming me, nor Otter have any idea what it means to be HA is just a joke. Hell im sure all of the admins know what it entrails, I can definitely say that for Chris.

Claiming? did I claim? I didn't CLAIM that you had no idea what you were doing, I said what's to say they would know, and I said that because I didn't know any of you had experience with such power, and back over to my other point - Only veteran admins can ELIGIBLY step up for HA.

Okay then, their job is even more easy
Otter is now the Head Admin.

Look at that, I did their job for them.
Congratulation Otter on the promotion.

Ðeath.

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 07:31:38 PM »

Under regular circumstances.

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
Well, we'll see what happens wont we.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 07:43:26 PM »
ZM has deserved an HA since at least May, but progress has been glacial.

I was waiting for the other CL's to add something to this, but nothing has been said so I will add my thoughts to the discussion.

I've talked to all of the ZM admins about this process for the past three months but I can only do so much, for I am not a dictator and cannot overstep my boundaries. I've already told the other CL's who I would think is best for HA and have recommended moving forward, but again I can only do so much.

Gustav, Chris actually was a Vet before his first resignation. Otter is also already a Vet, so that is a moot point. However, as Death pointed out, under certain special circumstances the CL's can appoint somebody an HA if they are qualified for the position and the server in question needs an HA.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 07:43:26 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Pyro: happy birthday Tyber
    July 14, 2024, 01:55:16 PM
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal