Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wii u is awesome.  (Read 3752 times)

Offline oobla37

Wii u is awesome.
« on: June 23, 2013, 04:33:00 AM »
After a couple of discussions sorry undoing why the wii u is doing bad, I did research, I found a post on the gaming subreddit about it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/1gurfs/is_nintendo_preparing_for_a_n64_style_generation/cao1kvm

Turns out, the wii u has a buttload of 3rd party support, as well as doing completely fine. Nintendo is rolling in money, and people still won't admit that they pretty much win.

EDIT: found more
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/21/for-nintendo-the-impossible-is-possible

"I saw a video clip from 1990 or 1991. It was a clip off of Good Morning America," Fils-Aime told me in a separate interview (you can see the clip below). "It was just before the transition here in the Americas from NES to SNES. The broad themes were, “Is Nintendo dead? Can they make the transition to the next system with other devices getting stronger?” They were talking about PCs. “Is the dedicated gaming system dead?” 1990 or 1991. This industry has been declared dead so many times. Nintendo has been declared dead so many times. It’s just noise."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:34:33 AM by oobla37 »

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline CashPrizes

Re: Wii u is awesome.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:31:30 AM »
I love it so much that I bought one.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:31:30 AM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 01:42:54 PM »
Here are some other articles that paint a different picture

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-360-tops-us-january-sales-wii-u-struggles/

http://www.gamesradar.com/wii-u-sales-top-3-million-nintendo-cuts-full-year-forecast/

See the forecast losses for Nintendo? That cannot continue. The biggest thing about Nintendo is that they are a gaming company through and through. While that has its own host of pro's and con's, Sony and Microsoft both have other businesses that can keep their gaming systems afloat, while if Nintendo fails to sell, they could easily go bankrupt.

When I get home tonight and have some actual time to put up a wall of text, arguing both for and against the Wii U,
I will. Just know that I would rather see Nintendo succeed then fail, but I think they have lost their way with the success of the Wii.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 05:36:28 PM »
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/24/4260062/nintendo-2012-earnings

Some many pictures. Lets all play an outdated machine?
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »

I feel your only argument ever is "It's outdated?" So what?
I enjoy playing outdated games, I enjoy playing outdated consoles, some of the best games and consoles are the outdated one.

I have a Wii and I love it, personally I find it far better than both the Xbox and the PS4 and I've yet to purchase a game for the Wii that I didn't enjoy.

I know several other people who also prefer the Wii to other consoles. The selection of games are great, and the multiplayer is easily the best when it comes to playing with friends and family.

Ðeath.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »

You'd rather play on an xbox one with all the internet requirements, than a nintendo 64 it seems

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »

I enjoy playing outdated games, I enjoy playing outdated consoles, some of the best games and consoles are the outdated one.
I don't pay full price for a outdated machine. If I want an N64 I'll go to the basement and get it.

You'd rather play on an xbox one with all the internet requirements, than a nintendo 64 it seems
I'd rather play on a PC, and Xbox One doesn't require always on Internet anymore.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »

I don't pay full price for a outdated machine. If I want an N64 I'll go to the basement and get it.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 08:50:03 PM »
Please explain how it has the best multiplayer compared Xbox and PS3. The friend code is stupid, no VOIP, and the lag can be really bad sometimes, esp for Brawl which I pointed out before.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »
Please explain how it has the best multiplayer compared Xbox and PS3. The friend code is stupid, no VOIP, and the lag can be really bad sometimes, esp for Brawl which I pointed out before.

the multiplayer is easily the best when it comes to playing with friends and family.

I'm pretty Tictac means best split screen with friends and family as in playing on one console.  The hours my friends and I put in smash bros alone (over 300 hours I think) hangin out on the couch.

Not online multiplayer cause its kinda meh.  Mario Kart online multiplayer I never got lag, that was a lot of fun.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 09:11:16 PM »
Ok Brawl I could see and Mario Kart too (even though Mkart64 is clearly a much superior product) but anything else after that? I mean its not like Xbox and PS3 don't have split screen too and they would have many more products to use such as Halo, the Rainbow 6 series, all the sports games in HD, Call of Duty, Gears of War and more. They are more shooter heavy I will agree and again, I have a Wii and play the hell out of it with one of my buds when we play Brawl but there is nothing else to play on it really. Add to the fact that more times then not you will be playing multiplayer on the internet as opposed to local and I would say the Wii is a less then stellar choice when it comes to the multiplayer aspect.

3 Days isn't log

Offline krolin

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 09:16:35 PM »
Nintendo will do well once they get their flagship titles out there as always, they will likely out perform Sony and Microsoft in hardware sales just like with the Wii for three reasons:
1. It targets young kids harder than any other system. Pretty much all of their first party titles are kid friendly and yet they still manage some appeal for many adults so parents will pick up a wii u for their kids.
2.  They're Nintendo, they have a massive nostalgia bonus. Just about every gamer has played Mario, Zelda and the smash bros games along with their other first party content(forgive me for not being able to name others I haven't kept up with Nintendo, i have literally only had 6 games for my Wii three of which are my brother's one is mine and it's shit and the others are both of ours)
3. it's the cheapest console out there, even if they are likely the only ones who will make profit on the hardware itself.
In conclusion Nintendo essentially prints money, the 3DS had garbage sales it's first year as well. Nintendo is going to be around for a long time.

Having said that I have  seen nothing that makes me want to play the Wii U and i won't be getting one that's for sure, as i said i only had 6 games, only would have bought 3-4 on my own and two that i regret, skyward sword did nothing for me and i was stupid enough to buy the golden eye remake.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 09:47:17 PM »
I'm pretty Tictac means best split screen with friends and family as in playing on one console.  The hours my friends and I put in smash bros alone (over 300 hours I think) hangin out on the couch.

Not online multiplayer cause its kinda meh.  Mario Kart online multiplayer I never got lag, that was a lot of fun.
You can do split screen on other consoles too however...
I'm pretty Tictac means b....
You mean "I'm pretty sure Tictac means..."
Because, you are not pretty XD

Offline Dante

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 03:37:41 AM »

Pretty sure they mean the fun of the MP not that its the only one with splitscreen, and I have to agree, I would play SSBB MP way more than Halo Reach MP or *Shiver* CoD. I tend to get more playthroughs with Nitendo's products then Microsoft and Sony's too.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 10:15:05 AM »

Pretty sure they mean the fun of the MP not that its the only one with splitscreen, and I have to agree, I would play SSBB MP way more than Halo Reach MP or *Shiver* CoD. I tend to get more playthroughs with Nitendo's products then Microsoft and Sony's too.

Although I did have a lot of fun playing halo 3 multiplayer it just wasn't the same as SSBM. Man, didn't matter whose house I went to, we always ended up playing that game. For the most part Nintendo games don't seem to get boring as fast and I find at least that years later you can go back and beat them again.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 10:15:05 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Pyro: happy birthday Tyber
    July 14, 2024, 01:55:16 PM
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal