Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whitellama's Jailbreak Application *APPROVED*  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Whitellama

Whitellama's Jailbreak Application *APPROVED*
« on: June 02, 2011, 01:58:56 AM »
What server are you applying for:

Jailbreak Administrator

Were you recommended by an admin? If so state the name:

No one knows I'm applying for this position, and typically, you don't ask for a recommendation. But if you would 'recommend' me, please show your support by replying. However, I was recommended back in my DarkRP app from ages ago, (you can find a link at the bottom). By Travis. I haven't spoken to him for a while however, but I thought you might want to know that I was previously recommended.

In game name:

(=CG=) Whitellama

Link to your steam page:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/whitellama

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:25689951

Do you have past admin experience:

No, but I've been around long enough to understand the inner workings of an admin's responsibilities as well as their methods of enforcing the rules.

Why you wish to be admin:

I've been around here a long time. In fact, I almost feel like calculating how long that is... Okay, I started playing on (=CG=)'s TTT server roughly 13 months ago. That's a long time. I've been registered on the forums for about a year, not long after I discovered TTT. In fact, (=CG=) was my first TTT experience.

As for Jailbreak, long before I discovered TTT, in fact before I discovered GMod or bought CS:S, I was playing Jailbreak in Counter Strike Condition Zero. I'm well versed with all of Jailbreak's variations of rules. For example, some servers have the last guard rule, custom LRs, 1 man or 2 man LRs, a free-for-all cage rule (prisoners may attack guards that enter the cage), war days, fish-in-a-barrel allowance, and all of the typical Jailbreak/LR games.

I can't tell you how many times players have mistaken me for an admin, in fact a few have asked why I'm still not an admin. (A question I can't quite answer.) Even a few of the guys we don't see as much, recognize me to be dedicated to our community. Unlike a few other drifters we might see every now and then that will pop in and apply on their first posts, I understand that admining isn't the magic key to respect and power as you continue to enjoy your games. It's hard work, commonly a pain in the ass, and certainly doesn't improve on your own personal experience. The purpose is to make things better for the players, not so you can boast your ability to slay every damn player at the end of the round, and make yourself feel above everyone else.

What are some good qualities you possess:

I'm very loyal to the community, and I've seen both players and admins come and go. I'm open minded. If that thread on the squeaker rule wasn't locked (fuck me deciding to post after dinner rather than before), you really would've gotten a piece of my mind. While it's okay to disallow a player to speak because it's irritating to others, it's not okay the way our players are flaming and harassing those players for the way their voice sounds. (Speaking about the respectable players, not the foul-mouthed idiots we see now and then.) And do you wonder why they say the things we hear them say these days? They're getting it from us you know. They're picking up on that asshole attitude too many people tend to have. Anyways, I'll leave my squeaker opinion at that.

I'm chill. You don't hear me raging, I'd rather solve things diplomatically. I'm the kind of guy that wait's for his vengeance systematically. Is it really more satisfying to perform revenge RDM, rather than submit a ban request and let the player get banned rather than killed for a round or two? (I'm a believer in ban requests.) I haven't used them here, but I've actually requested and watched several assholes get banned on that NNJG jailbreak server on GMod. You have no idea how satisfying it is, to punish your enemy with your words, rather than your rifle.

I don't like making enemies. When I've come to disagree with another person, and things are heating up more than they should, I usually find a way to end the conversation, and let things simmer down, agreeing to disagree. I'd rather write a respectable apology (if that's what the situation calls for), than to hold a grudge over another player.

What country are you from:

OR, USA. I am aware Oregon is a state and not a country, I just felt like including it. Nobody better get wise on me.

14. It's weird, I've written this entire application somewhat ignoring the age requirement, as I've come to accept that it's not a problem. I'd like to ask, if you are closing this thread over the age requirement with no other standing reason, you might at least know who I am, having played or spoken with me in the past. I know I've been somewhat busy lately, but there are players  here that will/do support me. Give this app. a chance. (However, I really doubt any mods are going to do that. Just throwing that out there.)

Anyways, if someone remembers, I did submit a DarkRP app, in which my age was overlooked. (The state of the thread itself says opposite because of a decision based on the reform, but I do remember having a vent conversation with Wholegrain about it. It was accepted.) The reason I never pursued that position, is actually because I have a somewhat short attention span in some situations. For example, I was totally pumped when our DarkRP server came out, but I was even more pumped when we got our first Minecraft server. So I slowly stopped with DarkRP, and totally forgot about it in Minecraft's intoxicating wonder. Plus, DarkRP's gone anyways.

Anyways, I don't feel like laying down all of the reasons why my age should be overlooked, because if you know me, you hopefully won't be complaining. So I'm hoping no one will say something along the lines of "Age limit. 'Nuff said", or anything of that sort, as I'd be offended. If you really do want reasoning however, I have a link to my old DarkRP app, which I did need to do some convincing for. Read it the posts, they're supportive.

Additional notes:

While I've been somewhat inactive lately, summer is just around the corner, and I'll be much more available to play. I now have full computer access at both homes of mine, and when my brother gets CS:S back, I'd be happy to work on populating the server (just because it's boring to sit there all alone.) I'll try to get on vent more, and attend more community events from now on. (I'm sad I haven't been able to attend resent Movie Nights.)

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:11:55 AM by Inject OH 4 »

Offline JALsnipe

Re: Whitellama's Jailbreak Application
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 02:04:31 AM »
A little young, but totally capable.  Whitellama will totally make a good jailbreak admin alongside the rest of us.

+1 from me and a recommendation.
Encoder, Admin and OP at #ClassicNickShows on DejaToons, TF2 Player

Pretty sure Jal can just get whatever position he wants lol.
Some of WholeGrain's Brightest Moments:
Quote from: WholeGrain
I'm sitting in my underwear right now because my fucking buttcheeks itch!

Oh and now my ball sack is starting to get that feeling!

go retire before your knees turn from a solid to a liquid

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 02:04:31 AM »

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:17:07 AM »
Approved!

Honestly the age limit to me is a bit more of a guideline rather than a rule. I see no reason an 18 year old would do better than a 12 year old on the internet. If you can get the job done efficiently, and without bias, you are what I need.

Anyways, we NEED the server to get populated, and by approving this application I expect you to TRY your best and dedicate time to populate the server. I won't always be there to remind everybody, and get them in there, and lately it seems that I have to in order to get people in there. I'd like to see my admins do it voluntarily.

From all that you wrote, I can assume you will be good for this position, but unfortunately I cannot issue you admin at the moment, you will have to get another HA or CL to do it for you, just give Inject or Wholegrain the link to this thread and they should give you Trial Admin for the Jailbreak. PLEASE for the love of all that is holy read and memorize the rules posted in the MotD, or print them out, last thing I need is sorting through bullshit admin abuse threads.

I look forward to having you on my team of admins! Soon i'll have internet again, and I'll be stepping up the attention that is paid towards the server, which means more work for the admins, but I assume since it is summer, people shouldn't have a problem with it.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:17:07 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal